Paint.NET is free image and photo manipulation application for the Windows platform. Every feature of Paint.NET, including the user interface, was designed to be immediately intuitive and easy to learn without assistance.
Key Features Include:
- Special effects tools include: blurring, sharpening, red-eye removal, distortion, noise and embossing.
- 3D Rotate/Zoom effects make it very easy to add perspective and tilting.
- Image manipulation tools include: brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, curves, and levels. You can also convert an image to black and white, or sepia.
In order to navigate multiple images easily, Paint.NET uses a tabbed document interface. The tabs display a live thumbnail of the image instead of a text description.
Paint.NET uses a layers system to form the basis for rich image composition. Layers are likened to a stack of transparency slides that, when viewed together at the same time, form an image.
This is mostly a servicing release to make some small improvements and to fix a few important bugs.
* Improved: Effect rendering should be a little faster now.
* Changed: Implemented some changes to the "Add Noise" effect that were suggested by a forum member.
* Changed: The canvas background color is now always #c0c0c0.
* Changed: The auto-updater should now correctly detect .NET 3.5 and newer, which will help to save bandwidth when Paint.NET v4.0 is released (it will require .NET 3.5).
* Fixed: Paint.NET now works on a system that has the .NET 3.5 SP1 "Client Profile" installed.
* Fixed: When zoomed in and the cursor is to the top-left of the image (negative coordinates), the ruler is now highlighted in the correct area.
* Fixed: The effect rendering system no longer sets the "Tag" property on the configuration dialog.
* Fixed: Some incorrectly authored plugins would cause a crash when loading their support details (author, copyright, etc.).
* Fixed: There was a bug in the color wheel for IndirectUI that caused it to show the wrong values at initialization.
* Fixed: There was a performance problem for effects that used the IndirectUI color wheel control.
* Fixed: In some rare cases, Paint.NET would crash while shutting down.
* Fixed: When using the "Fixed Ratio" feature of the Rectangle Selection tool, it would crash if 0 was specified for both the width and height.