MyDefrag (formerly JKDefrag) is a disk defragmenter and optimizer for Windows 2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/X64. Completely automatic and very easy to use, fast, low overhead, with several optimization strategies, and can handle floppies, USB disks, memory sticks, and anything else that looks like a disk to Windows.
Included are a Windows version, a commandline version (for scheduling by the task scheduler or for use from administrator scripts), a screensaver version, a DLL library (for use from programming languages), versions for Windows X64, and the complete sources.
Why use this defragger instead of the standard Windows defragger?
- Much faster.
- Totally automatic, extremely easy to use.
- Optimized for daily use.
- Disk optimization, several strategies.
- Directories are moved to the beginning of the disk.
- Reclaims MFT reserved space after disk-full.
- Maintains free spaces for temporary files.
- Can defragment very full harddisks.
- Can defragment very large files.
- Can defragment individual directories and files.
- Can be run automatically with the Windows Scheduler.
- Can be used from the commandline.
- Can be used as a screen saver.
- Can be run from cdrom or memory stick.
- Sources available, can be customized.
* Moved several more strings to the Settings.MyD file so they can now be translated.
* Fixed a bug that would prevent scripts from showing up in the script chooser if the script contained a macro, for example the !Include PATH! macro.
* Fixed a bug that would crash the script chooser if the user clicked an empty line in the box of scripts.
* The installer no longer offers to create a scheduled task on Windows 2000. It uses the Windows "Schtasks.exe" commandline utility for that, but that utility does not exist on Windows 2000.
* Fixed a bug in the AnalyzeOnly script where the statistics per disk were not appended, but would overwrite the entire previous statistics.
* Changed the way the window positions are saved & restored so they cannot not end up off-screen if the screen has been resized.
* Renamed WindowSize(normal) into WindowSize(restore), and added WindowSize(fixed).
* Fixed a bug where the program could enter an infite loop if paused while showing the statistics. This also solves the problem of the statistics not being filled with the numbers.
* Fixed a bug in the FastFill action where the program could go into an endless loop if a gap was followed by an unmovable file and all items above the gap were bigger than the gap.
* Fixed a bug in a subroutine that is used by FastFill and SortBy, which was causing various erratic behaviours such as unfilled gaps and files not moved to the proper zone.
* Fixed a bug that was causing the program to use excessive amounts of memory and in some cases to crash with a "Memory full" error.