MyDefrag (formerly JKDefrag) is a disk defragmenter and optimizer for Windows 2000/2003/XP/Vista/2008/X64. Completely automatic and very easy to use, fast, low overhead, with several optimization strategies, and can handle floppies, USB disks, memory sticks, and anything else that looks like a disk to Windows.
Included are a Windows version, a commandline version (for scheduling by the task scheduler or for use from administrator scripts), a screensaver version, a DLL library (for use from programming languages), versions for Windows X64, and the complete sources.
Why use this defragger instead of the standard Windows defragger?
- Much faster.
- Totally automatic, extremely easy to use.
- Optimized for daily use.
- Disk optimization, several strategies.
- Directories are moved to the beginning of the disk.
- Reclaims MFT reserved space after disk-full.
- Maintains free spaces for temporary files.
- Can defragment very full harddisks.
- Can defragment very large files.
- Can defragment individual directories and files.
- Can be run automatically with the Windows Scheduler.
- Can be used from the commandline.
- Can be used as a screen saver.
- Can be run from cdrom or memory stick.
- Sources available, can be customized.
* Added the MoveUpToZone fileaction.
* Changed the NTFS scanner so it will now always use 512 bytes for the USA fixup. Previously it used the number of bytes per sector, which is 512 bytes for most harddisks, but it appears that NTFS also uses 512 for ultra-big harddisks, even though they have a different number of bytes per sector.
* Added some code to SelectNtfsSystemFiles() to protect the program against infinite loops in data on the disk.
* Fixed a bug that caused MoveToEndOfDisk() not to display a progress percentage.
* Changed the ExcludeVolumes setting. It can now be used multiple times in a script.
* Documented the "/TASKS" installer commandline option.
* Added the SkipBlock option to all the SortBy fileactions.
* Added the ExitIfTimeout setting.
* Added the bouncing box display mode to the screensaver.
* Added a special exclusion for the "$dcsys$" file used by DiskCryptor so MyDefrag will never move this file. The exclusion is not really needed because the file is protected by the DiskCryptor driver, but I have added it anyway, just in case.
* Changed the way how variables can be defined and changed. Previously the syntax was "NAME=VALUE", but this caused undesirable error messages in case of a syntax error. Variables can now be defined and changed with the SetVariable command.
* Several improvements in error reporting. One of these is that the regular MyDefrag version will no longer ask the user to post the debug logfile on the forum.
* The ImportListFromProgramHints fileboolean will now ignore hint files that are older than 30 days.
* Changed the contents of the "date" variable from "2010/12/31" into "2010-12-31". The old contents could not be used for filenames.
* The installer will now create a daily scheduled task by default. Previously the default was not to create the task.
* Added the "DataDiskDaily.MyD", "DataDiskWeekly.MyD", "DataDiskMonhtly.MyD", "Daily.MyD", and "Monthly.MyD" scripts. Renamed the "OptimizeDaily.MyD" script into "SystemDiskDaily.MyD", "OptimizeWeekly.MyD" into "SystemDiskWeekly.MyD", and "OptimizeMonthly.MyD" into "SystemDiskMonthly.MyD".
* The installer now creates two scheduled tasks, a daily task and a monthly task.
* Fixed a problem in the ZoneSize and ZoneBegin script variables.