Miro is a free HD video player. It can play almost any video file and offers over 6,000 free internet TV shows and video podcasts.
Miro has a simple, gorgeous interface designed for fullscreen HD video. Since Miro downloads most videos, you can take your shows with you, even on an airplane. Quite simply, Miro is a better way to watch all the video you care about.
Unlike your browser, Miro's built for HD. The built-in Miro Guide connects you to thousands of free High Definition video shows. Miro downloads video fast and stores it on your local computer for a level of quality that is often impossible on streaming video websites (even the ones that call themselves 'HD').
Can't open a video? Now you can, with Miro. Miro can play virtually any type of video file - Quicktime, WMV, MPEG, AVI, XVID, and more.
When it comes to video podcasts, Miro goes far beyond iTunes by letting you subscribe to BitTorrent RSS feeds, with one of the fastest torrent downloaders in the world. Miro makes BitTorrent RSS dead simple-- when a new episode is available, it will download automatically and be ready to watch.
* Bug fixes
- #13164 (all) errant empty feed
- #13173 (Linux) playbin2 with no text-sink kicks up errors on playback
- #13105 (Linux and Windows) No menu bar in main window when pop-out player is in fullscreen
- #12876 (OS X) in _updateErrback UnicodeEncodeError?: 'ascii' codec can't encode character
- #13120 (OS X) embedded python executable is launched with a -p argument which it does not understand, so it complains and dies.
- #12906 (Windows) parent_id points to item where isContainerItem is false
* Updated translations