Hamachi 184.108.40.206 Beta
LogMeIn Hamachi is a VPN service that easily sets up in 10 minutes, and enables secure remote access to your business network, anywhere there's an Internet connection.
It works with your existing firewall, and requires no additional configuration. Hamachi is the first networking application to deliver an unprecedented level of direct peer-to-peer connectivity. It is simple, secure, and cost-effective.
Advantages of LogMeIn Hamachi:
- LAN over the Internet - Arrange multiple computers into their own secure network, just as if they were connected by a physical cable.
- Files and Network Drives - Access critical files and network drives.
- Zero-configuration - Works without having to adjust a firewall or router.
- Security - Industry leading encryption and authentication.
- Cost Effective - Free for non-commercial use.
- Modified Hamachi to fall back to low-speed relays if direct p2p connection is not possible. Earlier versions required explicit opt-in for this feature.
- Per-tunnel bandwidth for low-speed relaying has been increased to 8 KB/sec. Strictly speaking this is a relay-side option, but it is listed here to provide a context for the previous item.
- Added one-time warning messages that are displayed when Hamachi encounters 'unreachable' or 'low-speed relayed' tunnels for the first time. These messages link to the following web page that explains details of each condition -
- Added an option for compressing peer-to-peer traffic. The algorithm used is a standard 'deflate' (also used in RFC'd IPCOMP, TLS and others). Depending on the type of the traffic the compression rate may be as high as 50-60%.
- Tunnel compression is a global client-side preference. The traffic is compressed between any two clients that have this option enabled. This is premium feature. See 220.127.116.11 release notes for details.
- Updated logo images in Hamachi installer.
- Singed all binaries with LogMeIn publisher certificate. This is the reason for installation package size increase.
- Added a number of provisions to improve compatibility with Vista. Hamachi should now install on recent Vista betas without any external tweak.
*** NOTE that there is a known bug in Vista that may result in Hamachi's window getting all screwed up when it is resized or moved. This is a bug in Aero (transparent glassy window thingy), it is not Hamachi-specific, Microsoft has been notified.