Foobar2000 0.9.5 Beta 1
Foobar2000 is an advanced audio player for the Windows platform. It is a convenient and flexible media player that can be customized to suit your specific needs and preferences.
Foobar2000 does need a fair amount of time to tweak and setup, but once you are done you can use it in just about any way you need to manage your media library.
Key Features include:
- Supported audio formats: MP3, MP4, AAC, CD Audio, WMA, Vorbis, FLAC, WavPack, WAV, AIFF, Musepack, Speex, AU, and SND.
- Gapless playback.
- Full unicode support.
- Easily customizable user interface layout.
- Advanced tagging capabilities.
- Support for ripping Audio CDs as well as transcoding all supported audio formats using the Converter component.
- Full ReplayGain support.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
- Open component architecture.
When you first install and setup the interface appears a tad bleak, but in reality it hides some powerful features and a vast array of customizable options. You can choose the Quick Setup option, or you can go make individual selections regarding the type of information you would like to see displayed. If you need, there are skins available to download as well.
Foobar2000 is a great audio tool to have in your collection of apps. It is lightweight, has a small operating footprint and has some nice features. It has full unicode support, ReplayGain support and native support for several popular audio formats. On the downside, it isn’t that easy to navigate if you are a novice. However, there is some help documentation available to assist those less experienced users.
New Default User Interface
- Allows embedding of Album List and other components in the main window
- Quick setup dialog on first startup allowing easy UI customization
- Theme import/export support for transferring appearance-related settings easily
- Built-in playlist view supports columns and grouping
- New Playlist Search dialog
- Embedded album art support
- New built-in spectrum visualisation
New Album List component
- Updates automatically with Media Library content changes (Refresh command no longer needed)
- Embeddable in the main window
- Supports direct creation of autoplaylists from Album List tree branches
Properties dialog improvements
- New commands: Format from Other Fields, Capitalize, Clean Up
- Improved Automatically Fill Values functionality
- Improved Windows Clipboard interaction - now you can use copy/paste to transfer values between fields or between different sets of tracks
Converter component improvements
- Replaced show output directory when done functionality with a new dialog showing a list of created tracks
- Built-in support for writing AU/SND and AIFF files
- Updated FLAC support - FLAC encoding now requires FLAC encoder 1.2.0 or newer
- Improved handling of hung command-line encoder processes
Audio format decoding updates
- Updated libFLAC to 1.2.0
- Rewritten support for AU/SND and AIFF audio formats
New File Operations component, for moving, copying and deleting audio files
Old Masstagger component no longer included with the installer (available for download separately)
Windows XP or newer is now required