DC++ is an open source client for Windows for the Direct Connect network. Direct Connect allows you to share files over the Internet without restrictions or limits. The client is completely free of advertisements and has a nice, easy to use interface. Firewall and router support is integrated and it is easy and convenient to use functionality like multi-hub connections, auto-connections and resuming of downloads.
DC++ offers these improvements over its predecessors:
- Much more stable. DC++ wastes less memory, is faster, file size is smaller and long queue won't freeze the whole program. Neo-Modus Direct Connect eats memory and resources.
- You can connect to many hubs at same time and search for files from all of them with same search.
- You can continue downloading the same file from other users if somebody leaves.
- You can see timestamps in the chat. Chat won't jump to end when you roll back old messages.
- Bot messages wont popup new windows, you can also filter bot messages out.
- No Ads.
- Search is more versatile.
- Hublist is downloadable from multiple servers/sources.
- [bug 1065] Code cleanup
- Fixed readme.txt
- More code cleanup
- Fixed trusted/untrusted upload view
- Fixed crash on invalid remote command during upload
- [ADC] Improved GFI command support
- Lowest priority downloads are no longer started if there are other downloads running
- Upgraded to STLport 5.0.2
- Updated compile instructions
- Updated unsigned types to C99
- Removed unmaintained autoconf files
- Reworked match listing to make it slightly faster
- Fixed a few random crashes
- [ADC] Removed obsolete DSC command
- Fixed user list not being updated in some cases