AMD Catalyst Drivers XP 8.7 XP
AMD's award-winning Catalyst graphics and HD video configuration software delivers unprecedented control of performance and visual quality with AMD Radeon graphics processors. AMD Catalyst drivers deliver stable performance and push the limits of innovation with advanced user-oriented features.
Precision controls for power users. Tweaks for gamers and video enthusiasts. Simple wizard-assisted setup, easy multi-monitor configuration, and ultra reliable operation for working professionals. New user or seasoned expert, AMD Catalyst puts you in charge of The Ultimate Visual Experience.
- AMD Catalyst updates are focused on improving graphics performance, including enhancements for popular Direct3D and OpenGL game titles.
Innovative and exciting features
- AMD Catalyst includes the AMD Catalyst Control Center, delivering innovative features and unprecedented control of performance and visual quality with AMD Radeon graphics.
- Catalyst drivers for Windows Vista and Windows XP are Microsoft WHQL-certified to deliver the industry's most stable and reliable graphics performance.
This version is for the 32-bit version of Windows XP and 2003
The Catalyst" software suite 8.7 contains the following:
* Radeon" display driver 8.512
* Multimedia Center" 9.16 (Windows XP only)
* HydraVision" for both Windows XP and Vista
* HydraVision" Basic Edition (Windows XP only)
* Remote Wonder 3.04 (Windows XP only)
* WDM Driver Install Bundle
* Southbridge/IXP Driver
* Catalyst" Control Center Version 8.7
Catalyst" 8.7 introduces the following new features:
* Catalyst Control Center: Information Center enhancements
* Support for new Linux operating systems
Catalyst Control Center: Information Center enhancements
This release of Catalyst" introduces an enhancement to the Catalyst Control Center Information Center. Full Hardware information will be shown for each physical graphics accelerator installed in the system.
Support for new Linux operating systems
This release of ATI Catalyst" Linux introduces preview support for the following new operating systems:
* Ubuntu 8.04 production support
* SLED 10 sp2 production support
The following performance gains are noticed with this release of Catalyst".
* 3DMark Vantage: Performance increases of up to 20% is noticed in the Performance Preset on single card configured systems when using ATI Radeon" HD 36xx or ATI Radeon" HD 34xx products
* Company of Heroes DX10: Performance increases of 3% to 12% is noticed in specific maps on single card configured systems when using either an ATI Radeon" HD 48xx, ATI Radeon " HD 38xx, or an ATI Radeon" HD 36xx product
* Lost Planet DX10: Performance increases of 4% to 15% is noticed in specific maps on single card configured systems when using either an ATI Radeon" HD 48xx, ATI Radeon" HD 38xx, or an ATI Radeon" HD 36xx product
* Call Of Duty 4 DX9: Performance increases of up to 4% in specific maps is noticed on single card configured systems when using an ATI Radeon" HD 48xx product
* Lost Planet DX9: CrossFire" scaling improves up to 1.7x and performance increases up to 80% across all Radeon™ products when AA and AF is enabled
Resolved Issues for the Windows XP Operating System
This section provides information on resolved issues in this release of the ATI Catalyst" Software Suite for Windows XP. These include:
* City of Heroes: Character stretching and double character reflection is no longer noticed when the in-game resolution is set to 2560x1600. Further details can be found in topic number 737-35757
* Enemy Territories Quake Wars: Flickering is no longer noticed when playing the game with CrossFire" enabled on systems containing an ATI Radeon™ HD 38x0 series of product. Further details can be found in topic number 737-35788
* Lost Planet: Corruption is no longer noticed when switching between the game and the Windows XP desktop. Further details can be found in topic number 737-35782
* Google SketchUp: The Push/Pull tool no longer fails to select some faces. Further details can be found in topic number 737-35800
* World of Warcraft: Enabling AA in the Catalyst Control Center no longer results in the user failing to log on to the game. Further details can be found in topic number 737-35816
* Installing the display driver from an installation CD no longer results in a warning message indicating that the Catalyst Control Center is not supported by the driver version installed. Further details can be found in topic number 737-35120
* Playing a standard definition DVD using the Windows Media Player (hardware acceleration enabled) no longer results in the operating system failing to respond when attempting to rotate the display. Further details can be found in topic number 737-35875
* Intermittent flashing is no longer noticed in the right portion of the display when playing a 720p or 1080i media file when using the Windows Media Player v10. Further details can be found in topic number 737-32666
* Playing a DVD title and selecting the option to use basic color setting to default in the Catalyst Control Center now results in the option being applied. Further details can be found in topic number 737-35803
* Playing an MPEG2 video clip on a display that is rotated no longer results in corruption being noticed when rotating the display back to landscape mode. Further details can be found in topic number 737-35805