AMD Catalyst Drivers XP 7.12
AMD's award-winning Catalyst graphics and HD video configuration software delivers unprecedented control of performance and visual quality with AMD Radeon graphics processors. AMD Catalyst drivers deliver stable performance and push the limits of innovation with advanced user-oriented features.
Precision controls for power users. Tweaks for gamers and video enthusiasts. Simple wizard-assisted setup, easy multi-monitor configuration, and ultra reliable operation for working professionals. New user or seasoned expert, AMD Catalyst puts you in charge of The Ultimate Visual Experience.
- AMD Catalyst updates are focused on improving graphics performance, including enhancements for popular Direct3D and OpenGL game titles.
Innovative and exciting features
- AMD Catalyst includes the AMD Catalyst Control Center, delivering innovative features and unprecedented control of performance and visual quality with AMD Radeon graphics.
- Catalyst drivers for Windows Vista and Windows XP are Microsoft WHQL-certified to deliver the industry's most stable and reliable graphics performance.
This version is for the 32-bit version of Windows XP and 2003
The Catalyst" software suite 7.12 contains the following:
* Radeon" display driver 8.442
* Multimedia Center" 9.16 (Windows XP only)
* HydraVision" (Windows XP only)
* HydraVision" Basic Edition (Windows XP only)
* Remote Wonder 3.04 (Windows XP only)
* WDM Driver Install Bundle
* Southbridge/IXP Driver
* Catalyst" Control Center Version 7.12
* Avivo" Update
* Enhanced ATI Overdrive support for the ATI Radeon"HD 2900 Series
Catalyst" 7.12 introduces an Avivo" update. The update allows the ATI Catalyst" Control Center to reflect what is supported by the driver taking into account the graphics card installed in the system, and will not expose any video features that is not supported by the driver. The DirectX Video Acceleration (DXVA) driver will perform a profiling mechanism to query the graphics capability and the Catalyst" Control Center queries the caps via the interface defined between the Catalyst" Control Center and the DXVA components. This feature will be supported on ATI Radeon" 9500 series products and above.
Enhanced ATI OverDrive" support for the ATI Radeon" HD 2900 Series
This release of Catalyst" introduces an enhanced version of ATI OverDrive" for the ATI Radeon" HD 2900 Series. Users can now Overclock both GPU engine and graphics memory clock speeds in CrossFire" mode (and over-clock single ATI Radeon" graphics accelerators as well). This version of ATI Overdrive also
The following performance improvements are noticed with Catalyst" 7.12:
* 3DMark2005 performance improves 5% or more with largest gains noticed when Anti-aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering are disabled on systems containing either an ATI Radeon" HD 2400 or ATI Radeon" HD 2600 series of products
* Company of Heroes DX10 performance improves up to 5% on systems containing an ATI Radeon" HD38x0 series of product