XChat is a popular Internet Relay Chat (IRC) client. It has a choice of a tabbed document interface or tree interface, support for multiple servers and is highly configurable.
XChat is a full-featured IRC client and includes all basic functionalities that are found in most other IRC clients, including CTCP, DCC file transfers and chats.
It supports a plugin system for various languages (including C, C++, Perl, Python, Tcl, Ruby, Lua, CLISP, D, and DMDScript). By writing plugins, the features and functionality of XChat can be extended and customized.
* Scrolling with a background image is now much faster.
* Fixed underscore ('_') in the nick-name right-click menu being drawn as an underline.
* ut2004:// URLs are now underlined too.
* /set gui_tray_flags 4 will now enable a "Minimize to tray" feature. Clicking the window minimize button will minimize to tray instead of the task-bar.
* Fixed bug:  Notify fails if network name contains spaces.
* Fixed a crash if your clock was accidently set beyond 2038.
* XChat now handles multi-monitor and resolution changes more gracefully, so that menus arn't drawn off-screen etc.
* Script and Plugin related changes:
o /SETTEXT with no argument now clears the input box.
o Returning 0 from an FD hook now unhooks it (C API and Perl).
o Python now has a xchat.strip method (to strip mIRC codes).