WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client and FTP client for Windows. Legacy SCP protocol is also supported. Its main function is safe copying of files between a local and a remote computer.
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- U3 support
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
- Explorer and Commander interfaces
- Optionally stores session information
- Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
* TLS/SSL core upgraded to OpenSSL 1.0.1f.
* Showing delayed Progress window before any message box is displayed
* Usability improvements to new Login dialog:
- Consistently using Save caption for save button, even for new sites.
- Using de-facto standard accelerator A for Save As command (also removes duplicity with Save command).
- Explicit keyboard shortcut Alt+A for Save As command.
- When saving cloned site, offer folder and name (with unique suffix) of original site.
- Cloning to a new site when double-clicking site without host name specified.
* Selecting tab to the right after closing tab.
* When externally opening additional session in existing instance of WinSCP, bringing its window to front.
* Using same accelerator for Upload and Download commands
* Default transfer setting preset can be duplicated.
* Temporarily suspending countdown when moving mouse over message box with “timeout” button.
* Showing name of folder being calculated on Progress window before the calculation starts, not only after it has finished.
* Widening default Progress column of background transfer queue list to fit “Connecting…” and “Calculating…” states.
* Bug fix: Progress window is not shown for custom command launching long-lasting external process.
* Bug fix: Swapped local and remote Root directory command buttons.
* Bug fix: Drag&Drop menu on local panel loses focus when a change is detected in local drive.
* Bug fix: Duplicate accelerator between Edit and Download and Delete commands 1104 and Download and Delete.
* Bug fix: Repeated attempt to immediately start “Keeping remote directory up to date” when prompt to perform prior full synchronization is canceled with /keepuptodate /defaults.
* Bug fix: Preferred main window size is lost after command-line operation.
* Bug fix: Invalid decoding of session URL with sequence of encoded characters that includes + or % encoded character on second or later place in the sequence.
* Bug fix: Background transfer queue progress was shown on main window title, when a dialog box was opened on top of it.
* Bug fix: Some hint labels did not fit their caption, particularly with long translations.
* Bug fix: Compare directory criterions do not save.