WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client and FTP client for Windows. Legacy SCP protocol is also supported. Its main function is safe copying of files between a local and a remote computer.
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- U3 support
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
- Explorer and Commander interfaces
- Optionally stores session information
- Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
- Upgraded private key tools (PuTTYgen and Pageant) to 0.63.
- Bug fix: Back-propagated SSH security and memory-leak fixes from PuTTY 0.63. 1039 vuln-modmul vuln-bignum-division-by-zero private-key-not-wiped
- Bug fix: Not allowing search path to exceed system limit of 2048 characters.
- Bug fix: No error is displayed and session is not immediately closed when detecting variable containing command return code fails with SCP protocol.
- Bug fix: On failure to overwrite local file (e.g. due to permissions), error “The system cannot find the file specified” was shown instead of the actual cause.