WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client and FTP client for Windows. Legacy SCP protocol is also supported. Its main function is safe copying of files between a local and a remote computer.
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- U3 support
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
- Explorer and Commander interfaces
- Optionally stores session information
- Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
- Not poping up progress window when application is minimized.
- Ensuring uniqueness of the XML logging path in .NET assembly.
- Bug fix: Never create Quick Launch icon on Windows 7 and newer also from Preferences dialog.
- Bug fix: Failure when reconnecting main session while transferring files in the background.
- Bug fix: Hangs when stopping watching for changes in local folder.
- Bug fix: Failure when reporting usage statistics.
- Bug fix: Failure when closing application, while checking for application updates.
- Bug fix: Session settings TunnelHostKey was not working.
- Bug fix: Session and directory information was not shown on tray icon tooltip.