WinPatrol alerts you to hijackings, malware attacks and critical changes made to your computer without your permission. As a multipurpose support utility, WinPatrol replaces multiple system utilities with its enhanced functionality.
WinPatrol was the pioneer in using a heuristic behavioral approach to detecting attacks and violations of your computing environment. Traditional security programs scan your hard drive searching for previously identified threats. WinPatrol takes snapshots of your critical system resources and alerts you to any changes that occur without your knowledge.
You'll be removing dangerous new programs while others prepare to update their definition/signature data files.
- Our timing and text describing page changes has improved and now a Help button.
- Support for displaying a new Service type (Trigger Start) that is now supported by Windows 8.1.
- Fix bug when Removing programs from registry when they are disabled.
- Fixed error restoring Shortcut or .lnk files that were removed but available in history file
- Options & Reports menu text fixed
- Restart no lonnger required to enter Name and Code if they have been cleared by Reset and Repair screen