UltraDefrag is a powerful disk defragmentation tool for Windows. It is the first open source defragmenter with full support of system locked files defragmentation. Actually all files including registry hives and paging file can be processed by UltraDefrag during the Windows boot process.
- Boot Time Defragmentation: This feature provides an ability to defragment any system files. Including page file, registry hives, hiberfil.sys file and many other files locked by the system or other applications when windows is fully running.
- Fast Disk Optimization: The optimizer rearranges all data and places them to the beginning of the drive. In many instances we have found, that the system is more stable and performs a lot better under load, if data is placed at the beginning of the drive.
- Single File and Folder Defragmentation: After UltraDefrag is installed you have the ability to select any file or folder and deframent it. This option is mostly useful, if you have recently installed an application or a game and would like to have it defragmented immediately for maximum performance.
This is the 32-bit version.
- The GUI report options produce_html_report and produce_plain_text_report were added to the udreportopts.lua file; now the program generates text reports only when they are enabled explicitly.
- A problem preventing language selection saving on installation was fixed.
- Optional menu icons were added for Vista and more recent Windows editions; they can be enabled/disabled through the show_menu_icons GUI option.
- A problem with the GUI cluster map drawing routine was fixed.
- Some problems with the disk optimization algorithm were fixed.
- Environment variables expansion support was added to the boot time shell.
- The translation Wáray-Wáray has been added.