Spamihilator works between your E-Mail client and the Internet and examines every incoming E-Mail. Useless spam mails (Junk) will be filtered out. This process runs completely in the background.
The Learning Filter (Bayesian Filter) uses the rules of Thomas Bayes (English mathematician, 18th century) and calculates a certain Spam-Probability for every E-Mail. You can train this filter! So it will know your messages even better than you. Hence the recognition rate will continuously increase.
The program works with almost every E-Mail client, such as Outlook 2000/XP/2003/Express, Eudora, Mozilla Thunderbird, IncrediMail, Pegasus Mail, Phoenix Mail, Opera, etc... It supports POP and IMAP accounts, as well as secure connections.
Spam Recognition Filters:
- The Learning Filter recognizes more than 98% of all incoming spam mails. Use the Training Area, to increase the recognition rate continuously.
- You can also specify certain words, that often appear in spam mails. The Spam-Word-Filter will look for these words.
- The Link Filter searches incoming messages for links to spam websites.
- The DCC-Filter connects with the DCC Network to recognize unsolicited bulk mail.
Training Area and Recycle Bin
* More shortcut keys have been added.
* Icons have been added to the menu.
* Toolbars are fully customizable now. They can even be hidden completely.
* Added possibility to move and hide list view columns.
* Added option to switch between Recycle Bin and Training Area via the shortcut button. The Recycle Bin window will be closed when the Training Area is opened and vice versa.
* The list view will gain keyboard focus again when the view message window has been closed.
* Improved sorting.
* Added effective top level domain handling. So, links like test1.co.uk, test2.co.uk and test3.co.uk will not be merged to co.uk anymore.
* Added possibility to reset all answers to message boxes.
* Added language detail window with estimation about a language fileâ€™s quality.
* Added support for the IMAP FETCH RFC822 command.
* Messages will be premarked even when the Training Area is already open.
* Fixed display of the column sort icon in the Recycle Bin and Training Area under Vista.
* Updating the DCC Filter configuration file will not cause the installer to stall anymore.
* The last seen timestamp in the Link Filterâ€™s list of links will be updated correctly now
* Fixed a bug in the link filter that did not display the last seen date immediately when a new link was added manually.