Songbird 1.0.0 RC2
Songbird is an open-source customizable music player.
It is integrated with these Web 2.0 services: mashTape, SHOUTcast Radio, Last.fm Scrobbling, and Songkick concert tickets. You can enhance Songbird with community-contributed plugins like Media Flow.
- Smart Playlists
- Built-In Web Browser
- Multi-language Support
- Automatic Updates
- Setup Assistant
- Custom User Interface
- Library Management
- Developer Support
Beta features include portable device support, metadata management, album artwork, and subscriptions.
Please note that the author has stopped supporting this program, but Nightingale is now available as an alternative.
* Importing iTunes libraries will no longer trigger a hang.
* Using the the Windows Media Playback and QuickTime Playback add-ons weâ€™ve brought back the ability to play pre-authorized DRM media: WMA DRM on Windows; Fairplay on Windows and Mac.
* mashTape has been updated and will no longer invoke Flash player security warnings.
* Weâ€™ve adjusted the buffer size for streaming media but weâ€™re still working on the final setting. If you think itâ€™s too high you can adjust it by following these steps.
* Video support has been temporarily removed from the application. Our move to GStreamer introduced some new video related bugs that couldnâ€™t be addressed in time for this release. Since video has been an unsupported feature we decided that this was the prudent thing to do for now. You can absolutely count on us re-introducing video support in a future release down the road!
* When viewing Album art at fullsize you can now easily close the window.
* When clicking on a track in the library invoking inline editing of metadata is now less likely to appear when you werenâ€™t looking for it.
* We resolved a number of bugs that could crash the application (thanks for always submitting your crash reports. Your anonymous data really helps us track down issues!)