Shareaza 188.8.131.52 RC2
Shareaza is a peer-to-peer client for Windows that allows you to download any file-type found on several popular P2P networks.
Shareaza is the most luxurious and sophisticated file sharing system you'll find. It can harness the power of up to four separate peer-to-peer (P2P) networks, including EDonkey2000, Gnutella, BitTorrent and Shareaza's native network, Gnutella2 (G2).
Not only that, but Shareaza is completely FREE and won't show any annoying ads or pop-ups. It won't install any unwanted third party programs that can wreak havoc with your computer. No spyware, no registration, no "paid version". Just download and use. Simple.
What you get with Shareaza:
- Phenomenal Multi-Network Support - You can download/upload from these networks: EDonkey2000, Gnutella, BitTorrent and Gnutella2 (G2).
- Shareaza Introduces "Collections" - Collections group previews of album covers, descriptions, and song lists all in one complete package. Once you've discovered the collection, just click the file list to download.
- Kick-ass Interface with loads of features - This P2P client has a lot to offer and you reap all the benefits. With Shareaza's well designed interface you can do a lot more than all the other clients out there.
There are some nice things:
- A menu bug fix for Wine users (subatari), currently is disabled by default but can be enabled in advanced options (WINE.MenuFix)
- An "easter egg" from Rolandas, but you have to discover it :D
- Fixed non-resizable Search dialog (now can be resized as before) (Rolandas)
- ParseVolume(): Return 0 for strings that don't indicate if they are in bits or Bytes. (wildcard_25)
- Fixed icon loading from XML resource file (quick fix, because no idea what this algorithm supposed to do before, and someone broke it). (Rolandas)
- Reduce buffer re-allocations. Remove some unused variables. Fix some casts. (wildcard_25)
- Smart upgrade for the media plugins (Rolandas)
- Fixed Library Builder code treating S_FALSE as a failure (Rolandas)
- Fixed File Executor executing folders as files (Rolandas)
- Changed mouse behaviour in Folder View: Double-clicks on folders opens Window Explorer; 300 msec delay for single-click to colapse/expand folders. (Rolandas)
- Extended G1/G2 query hit error messages (raspopov)
- Optimized drag-n-drop (raspopov)
- Fixed forgotten Tiger (raspopov)
- Url decode/encode functions moved from Cconnection class to globals + some optimizations (raspopov)
- Optimized Hits update function. I found host with 7000 dup files. Small gif used as page marker inside large amount of html files. Browsing was slow like hell. (raspopov)
- Fixed pSource->m_bPushOnly in CDownloadWithTorrent::CreateTorrentTransfe (CyberBob)
- Added ShareazaPlus identification over ed2k (ale5000)
- Added the "open downloads folder" to the tools menu. (ale5000)
- Added support for dumb users copypasting magnet links to search input boxes (raspopov)
- Changed Home tab to be more userfriendly (raspopov)
- Added support for shell and internet shortcuts (.lnk and .url files) (raspopov)
- Replace references to shareaza.com for point to sourceforge (ale5000)
- Fixed BT crash (CyberBob)
- Use CBuffer::Send method (wildcard_25)
- CBuffer::Send() Update to use a speed limit. (wildcard_25)
- Use CBuffer::Receive method (approx 2x speed increase for socket reads) (wildcard_25)
- Receive() Add data read from the socket directly into the buffer, instead of via a temp buffer. Update to use a speed limit. (wildcard_25)
- Clean up CBuffer header (wildcard_25)
- Allow failed ED2K clients to be removed if needed. (wildcard_25)
- Minor optimisation for active download identification (50% less time spent in new function) (wildcard_25)
- Enable BT debug messages. Use initialisation list. (wildcard_25)
- Changed download group dialog icon selector (raspopov)
- Fixed bittorrent schema uri case (raspopov)
- Fixed file dowloading at ftp server root (ale5000)
- Fixed download group filter dups (raspopov)
- Fixed file dowloading at web-server root (raspopov)
- Added .torrent metadata reader (raspopov)
- Download groups file extensions now adds from schemas (raspopov)
- Added .torrent schema uri (raspopov)
- Added metadata merging (raspopov)