SeaMonkey 2.0 Beta 1
SeaMonkey is a web-browser, advanced e-mail and newsgroup client, IRC chat client, and HTML editing made simple -- all your Internet needs in one application.
- Tabbed browsing gives you a better way to surf the net. You no longer have to open one page at a time. With tabbed browsing, open several pages at once with one click. Plus, your homepage can be multiple pages, in tabs.
- Popup blocker lets you surf the web without interruption from annoying ads.
- Image Manager lets you block images to remove offensive images or speed up the rendering of web sites.
- Find as you type gives you another way to navigate a page. Just start typing to jump from link to link or to find a word or phrase within a page.
- Plus all the features a modern browser should have including: Advanced security settings; Password, Download, and Cookie managers; Themes; multi-language and multi-platform support; and, the latest in Web Standards.
* Download manager has been completely reworked, including support for cross-session resumable downloads,
* Localized Windows/Linux/Mac packages are available now, this Beta features 15 languages officially (two additional ones are experimental) from day 1.
* Feed preview is available now in the browser and improves feed subscription with different readers, including the internal one in the mail/news component.
* Support for -new-tab and -new-window command line options was added.
* Toolbars in the mail and newsgroups window are now fully customizable.
* Mail archiving is supported now.
* The Palm Sync Extension has been removed.
* Feed summary or web page can be chosen from menu entries.
* Preferences have been added for for signature text, closing standalone message window when using Del and checking for new mail only after opening the MailNews window.