SeaMonkey 2.18 Beta 2
SeaMonkey is a web-browser, advanced e-mail and newsgroup client, IRC chat client, and HTML editing made simple -- all your Internet needs in one application.
- Tabbed browsing gives you a better way to surf the net. You no longer have to open one page at a time. With tabbed browsing, open several pages at once with one click. Plus, your homepage can be multiple pages, in tabs.
- Popup blocker lets you surf the web without interruption from annoying ads.
- Image Manager lets you block images to remove offensive images or speed up the rendering of web sites.
- Find as you type gives you another way to navigate a page. Just start typing to jump from link to link or to find a word or phrase within a page.
- Plus all the features a modern browser should have including: Advanced security settings; Password, Download, and Cookie managers; Themes; multi-language and multi-platform support; and, the latest in Web Standards.
- Some parts of click-to-play did not work if doorhangers were disabled.
- The Open Link in New Window context menu item had stopped working in MailNews.
- The browser feed preview had been broken due to Private Browsing changes.
- Per-site click-to-play permissions had stopped working.
- An LDAP password was requested for each lookup even if it was saved.
- Creating/amending mailing lists in the Address Book had been broken.
- The tabbed browser uses the favicon service in a privacy-aware way now.
- The Open Location dialog does not save the state anymore when opened from a private window.
- Private downloads did not update.
- Save As from the context menu did not take the privacy status into account.
- Added icons for security notifications.
- Fixed the browser feed preview to work with XBL scopes.