SeaMonkey 2.8 Beta 1
SeaMonkey is a web-browser, advanced e-mail and newsgroup client, IRC chat client, and HTML editing made simple -- all your Internet needs in one application.
- Tabbed browsing gives you a better way to surf the net. You no longer have to open one page at a time. With tabbed browsing, open several pages at once with one click. Plus, your homepage can be multiple pages, in tabs.
- Popup blocker lets you surf the web without interruption from annoying ads.
- Image Manager lets you block images to remove offensive images or speed up the rendering of web sites.
- Find as you type gives you another way to navigate a page. Just start typing to jump from link to link or to find a word or phrase within a page.
- Plus all the features a modern browser should have including: Advanced security settings; Password, Download, and Cookie managers; Themes; multi-language and multi-platform support; and, the latest in Web Standards.
# Major Changes
* New Add-ons Sync engine (install the Add-ons Sync Prefs add-on to enable it in Preferences)
* Support for migrating from old profiles (before SeaMonkey 2.0) has been dropped.
* The Page Info Media tab includes information about video streams from video tags now.
* Saving the last download directory per site can now be disabled by creating a pref called browser.download.lastDir.savePerSite and setting it to false.
* The profile path is now shown in Profile Manager tooltips.
* Middle-clicking the Go button opens a new tab now.
* Untitled Composer pages are now numbered.
* The account wizard allows to enter port information now.
* Message Filters feature a "Mark as unread" action now.
* DSPAM, Bogofilter and POPFile options have been added to "Trust junk mail headers set by".
* CPU load in the Download Manager UI during downloads has been reduced.
* View Source is now enabled for .eml files.
* It is now possible to import/save e-mail messages from .eml text files to folders.