SeaMonkey 2.1 Beta 1
SeaMonkey is a web-browser, advanced e-mail and newsgroup client, IRC chat client, and HTML editing made simple -- all your Internet needs in one application.
- Tabbed browsing gives you a better way to surf the net. You no longer have to open one page at a time. With tabbed browsing, open several pages at once with one click. Plus, your homepage can be multiple pages, in tabs.
- Popup blocker lets you surf the web without interruption from annoying ads.
- Image Manager lets you block images to remove offensive images or speed up the rendering of web sites.
- Find as you type gives you another way to navigate a page. Just start typing to jump from link to link or to find a word or phrase within a page.
- Plus all the features a modern browser should have including: Advanced security settings; Password, Download, and Cookie managers; Themes; multi-language and multi-platform support; and, the latest in Web Standards.
- OpenSearch plugins are now supported and the default for web search.
- Data Manager now unifies cookie, permission, password, and form data management.
- Plugins now run in their own processes and don't take down the browser any more if they crash.
- The context menu of the location bar now has a "Paste and Go" option.
- The location bar now features a fast bookmarking button.
- Direct2D Hardware Acceleration is now on by default for Windows 7 users, hardware accelerated layers are available on all platforms with known-to-work video drivers.
- The HSTS security protocol and the proposed Audio Data API are available.