SeaMonkey is a web-browser, advanced e-mail and newsgroup client, IRC chat client, and HTML editing made simple -- all your Internet needs in one application.
- Tabbed browsing gives you a better way to surf the net. You no longer have to open one page at a time. With tabbed browsing, open several pages at once with one click. Plus, your homepage can be multiple pages, in tabs.
- Popup blocker lets you surf the web without interruption from annoying ads.
- Image Manager lets you block images to remove offensive images or speed up the rendering of web sites.
- Find as you type gives you another way to navigate a page. Just start typing to jump from link to link or to find a word or phrase within a page.
- Plus all the features a modern browser should have including: Advanced security settings; Password, Download, and Cookie managers; Themes; multi-language and multi-platform support; and, the latest in Web Standards.
The bug which prevented you to set the default search engine in SeaMonkey 2.46 has been fixed. If you see any problems with this please report it in bug 1265881.
The Error Console is now a part of SeaMonkey. It was replaced by the Developer Tools Web and Browser Console in Firefox which both are also available in SeaMonkey. If you use css to style the console please note that it is now located in "chrome://communicator/content/console/console.xul/".
The Help Viewer is now a part of SeaMonkey and has been deleted from Mozilla Gecko.
SeaMonkey now uses the HTTP cache v2. For technical details please check bug 1241622.
Troubleshooting Information in "about:support" is displayed in a better readable layout.