Tired of dealing with rogue software, spyware and malware?
Spent too many hours removing unsolicited software?
Worried about clicking unfamiliar Web links?
Introducing Sandboxie: Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.
Benefits of the Isolated Sandbox
- Secure Web Browsing: Running your Web browser under the protection of Sandboxie means that all malicious software downloaded by the browser is trapped in the sandbox and can be discarded trivially.
- Enhanced Privacy: Browsing history, cookies, and cached temporary files collected while Web browsing stay in the sandbox and don't leak into Windows.
- Secure E-mail: Viruses and other malicious software that might be hiding in your email can't break out of the sandbox and can't infect your real system.
- Windows Stays Lean: Prevent wear-and-tear in Windows by installing software into an isolated sandbox.
* Support for Synaptics trackpad scrolling and Logitech SetPoint mouse horizontal scrolling.
* The Run Sandboxed dialog box expands vertically to accomodate a longer list of sandboxes, and includes a new Run Outside Sandbox option to bypass Forced Programs.
* Messages SBIE1307 and SBIE1309 issued less frequently.
* Improvements to the stability, robustness and performance of Sandboxie.
* Improved support for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows Vista and Windows 7. Support for 64-bit Windows should now be on par with 32-bit Windows.
* Improved support for Microsoft products: Windows Media Player 11, Windows Office 2010, Windows Live Mail.
* Improved support for third-party security software: McAfee SiteAdvisor, avast! Antivirus, AVG Anti-Virus, Blink Internet Security (64-bit), Kasperksy Internet Security, Online Armor, Panda Cloud Antivirus.
* Improved support for third-party applications: EMClient, Internet Download Manager, JetStart, LastPass, Linkman, NVDA, ShortKeys Lite, VirtuaWin, WinAmp, Xobni Plus, Zotero