PowerArchiver offers hundreds of features, yet remains easy to use, small and fast. Novice users will find a familiar interface complete with tutorial and detailed help, while more experienced users can take advantage of full Explorer integration, multiple encryption methods and advanced compression algorithms.
Here is a brief list of some of the key features found in PowerArchiver:
- Preview Window
- Full Windows Vista Support
- Superior ZIP Support
- 7-Zip Compression
- Multiple Formats Support Including ISO
- New Queue System (Add/Extract/Backup) and PowerArchiver Starter
- Unmatched Security
- Automated Backups
- Guaranteed Compatibility and Explorer Integration
- Compression Profiles
- Useful Tools
* Added IMG support – added support for IMG files to PA, shell, burner, virtual drive.
* Improved Office/Modern interface – Improvements to the look/feel of (optional) Office/Modern ribbon interface.
* Improved ISO, RAR, 7z, TAR, BZ2 support – Various improvements for many of our compression engines.
* Improved ZIP AES – Better compatibility with older versions of PowerArchiver as well as files larger than 4 GB. Updated FIPS 140-2 mode.
* Added more Enterprise options – Administrators can disable shell access inside PowerArchiver.
* Improvements in UAC support – Better support for automatic UAC elevation in various occasions, other various improvements.
* Added Danish translation – Added Danish and improved other translations.
* Updated FTP engine – Updated FTP engine, Faster SFTP operation other improvements.
* Updated Burner engine – Updated Burner engine adding support for more devices.
* Reduced installer by 1 MB – Reduced installer size by 1 MB via our own compression optimizations.
* Other improvements, tweaks, fixes – Over 50 improvements implemented.