Paint.NET 3.5 Beta 2
Paint.NET is free image and photo manipulation application for the Windows platform. Every feature of Paint.NET, including the user interface, was designed to be immediately intuitive and easy to learn without assistance.
Key Features Include:
- Special effects tools include: blurring, sharpening, red-eye removal, distortion, noise and embossing.
- 3D Rotate/Zoom effects make it very easy to add perspective and tilting.
- Image manipulation tools include: brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, curves, and levels. You can also convert an image to black and white, or sepia.
In order to navigate multiple images easily, Paint.NET uses a tabbed document interface. The tabs display a live thumbnail of the image instead of a text description.
Paint.NET uses a layers system to form the basis for rich image composition. Layers are likened to a stack of transparency slides that, when viewed together at the same time, form an image.
* The menu bar was rendering incorrectly for certain themes (Windows 7 / Vista).
* Some items were not showing up in the 'Recent Items' jump list (Windows 7).
* Clicking on the canvas straight from the menu would cause the paintbrush to draw a long streak.
* Copy+Paste would sometimes miss a pixel edge on the right/bottom sides, when using Fixed Ratio / Fixed Size modes.
* Fixed a crash when moving pixels off-canvas, switching tools, then trying to move the pixels back onto the canvas.
* Fixed some messed up rendering for IndirectUI effect dialogs (Windows XP).
* Performance is improved when switching between images that have lots of layers.
* Aero 'snap' wasn't working when dragging part of the glassy area of the toolbar (Windows 7).
* Added a new menu item, Window -> Glass Dialog Buttons. You can use this to disable the "glass footers" for dialogs (Windows 7 / Vista).
* Glass Dialog Buttons are now disabled when font smoothing is disabled.
* If an e-mail program isn't installed, the error message for Help->Send Feedback is more informative.
* "Centimeters" was being truncated in the toolbar.
* The shape tools were not using pixel snapping.
* Layer names with ampersands were not showing up correctly.
* Updated the internal list of incompatible and unstable plugins, which are then blocked from loading.
* Fixed a crash with the Rectangle Select tool if "Fixed Size" mode was used and negative numbers were entered.
* Fixed an access violation due to a race condition in finalizing effect rendering versus un-write protecting the layer's pixels.
* Fixed an access violation in the renderer for the background transparency "checkers".
* Fixed a crash when you would resize a selection to 0-width and/or 0-height, then expand it.
* Fixed a crash due to an overflow that prevented very large images from working (64-bit only).
* Fixed a crash with scanning/printing.
* Fixed the status bar's progress bar showing up and doing nothing for codecs that don't report saving progress, such as JPEG.
* Fixed a major issue with the readability of the "update is available" dialog in any non-English language.
* Fixed a crash with the Zoom tool.
* Fixed some really weird scroll-flickering with the Text tool.