Paint.NET 4.0 Beta 4
Paint.NET is free image and photo manipulation application for the Windows platform. Every feature of Paint.NET, including the user interface, was designed to be immediately intuitive and easy to learn without assistance.
Key Features Include:
- Special effects tools include: blurring, sharpening, red-eye removal, distortion, noise and embossing.
- 3D Rotate/Zoom effects make it very easy to add perspective and tilting.
- Image manipulation tools include: brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, curves, and levels. You can also convert an image to black and white, or sepia.
In order to navigate multiple images easily, Paint.NET uses a tabbed document interface. The tabs display a live thumbnail of the image instead of a text description.
Paint.NET uses a layers system to form the basis for rich image composition. Layers are likened to a stack of transparency slides that, when viewed together at the same time, form an image.
The following changes have been made in this version of Paint.Net:
- The Line/Curve tool is now back, and the Line and Curve shapes have been removed from the Shapes tool
- Improved rendering quality of the Line/Curve tool, especially when antialiasing is disabled
- Rectangle and Rounded Rectangles shapes now draw using an "inset" brush stroke. This helps prevents blurriness with odd-sized brush widths
- Shapes tool now lets you commit by clicking outside of the bounding box of the current shape. (you can also start drawing a new shape via clicking and dragging, of course)
- Improved rendering quality of brush tools when antialiasing is disabled
- Improved performance of Shapes and Line/Curve tools on most systems (e.g., less than 8 CPU cores)
- Improved rendering quality of Image->Resize when using Nearest Neighbor
- Fixed the Palette chooser in the Colors window, which was going away when you tried to move the mouse to click on one of its items
- Fixed some broken clipping when using Paste and "Expand Canvas"
- Intel-based GPUs now default to having hardware acceleration disabled. You may still force it to be enabled from the Settings dialog.
- When pasting, the PNG format now has a higher priority than CF_DIB, which allows easier access to transparency (alpha) from other applications
- Tools no longer incorrectly commit when clicking on the currently active layer in the Layers window
- The layer's opacity was being ignored while drawing if it was the lowest (index zero) layer
- You can now copy a file from File Explorer and Paste it into Paint.NET (regression from 3.5)
- Fixed the canvas scroll bars occasionally being incorrect after maximizing the main window and then restoring it
- Fixed radio button group tab processing
- Fixed many small miscellaneous crashes
- New language: Czech