Paint.NET is free image and photo manipulation application for the Windows platform. Every feature of Paint.NET, including the user interface, was designed to be immediately intuitive and easy to learn without assistance.
Key Features Include:
- Special effects tools include: blurring, sharpening, red-eye removal, distortion, noise and embossing.
- 3D Rotate/Zoom effects make it very easy to add perspective and tilting.
- Image manipulation tools include: brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, curves, and levels. You can also convert an image to black and white, or sepia.
In order to navigate multiple images easily, Paint.NET uses a tabbed document interface. The tabs display a live thumbnail of the image instead of a text description.
Paint.NET uses a layers system to form the basis for rich image composition. Layers are likened to a stack of transparency slides that, when viewed together at the same time, form an image.
- Small icon (16x16) is brand new, redesigned so that it is clearer
- Application resolution is no longer virtualized in high-DPI mode in Windows Vista
- Fixed race-condition related crash with Edit->Paste and Move Selected Pixels tool ("Object is in use elsewhere")
- Fixed some font related crashes that occur when standard fonts are corrupt or missing
- Fixed a crash that sometimes occurs when trying to save files whose name begins with a period
- Fixed a rare division-by-zero crash in the Clone Stamp
- Fixed rare crash related to scanning
- Mitigated rare crash that can happen in various places, ("GetRegionData returned false, GetLastError() = 6")
- Improved crash log reporting