Nightingale is a free, open-source music management program that is based on the Songbird media player source code. It has a slick and user-friendly interface that can be customized with 'feathers', Nightingale's answer to skins.
Thanks to the built-in browser, it is quick and easy to get extra content for the app such as album artwork, add-ons and skins. You can also get extra funcionality via plugins like Last.fm and Icecast support.
- Plugins compatible with Songbird (with any modification to the addon)
- Multi-platform compatibility with Windows XP, Vista, 7, Linux and Mac OS X v10.5 (x86, x86-64).
- Ability to play multiple audio formats, such as MP3, AAC, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC, Apple Lossless and WMA
- Ability to play Apple FairPlay-encoded audio on Windows and Mac platforms via hooks into QuickTime (authorization takes place in iTunes)
- Ability to play Windows Media DRM audio on Windows platforms
- Media files stored on pages viewed in the browser show up as playable files in Nightingale
- MP3 file download
- Ability to subscribe to MP3 blogs as playlists
- Ability to build custom mixes
- Ability to scan the user's computer for all audio files and add them to a local library
- A configurable and collapsible graphical user interface similar to iTunes, and mini-player mode
- Keyboard shortcuts and media keyboard support
- Last.fm integration via a plugin, complete with love/hate buttons
- Microsoft MTP compatible device support
- Ability to edit and save metadata tags
- Gapless playback and ReplayGain
- Watch folders
- Media import and export (from and to iTunes)