KODI supports viewing and playing a vast library of audio, video and image formats. KODI has a sophisticated library management system that allows you to organize all your media to give you quick and immediate access.
KODI provides a user friendly interface that's intuitive, very flexible, and easy to use. The interface is completely customizable through user-created or downloadable skins.
Plug-ins and Extensibility
KODI has a built-in Python interpreter that allows users and developers to write their own scripts and plugins that run inside KODI using it's own widgets and controls. It also has a built-in web server that allows it to be controlled remotely.
KODI's audio player supports many visualisations including ProjectM and Goom. In addition, it allows easy development of visualisations using a simple API.
* XBMC now supports using OSX’s default output device for audio as well as hardware decoding with Intel GPUs in OSX
* XBMC no longer hogs audio for Linux and on resume audio will continue to work in Linux
* Full iPhone 5 resolution is now enabled
* Volume buttons on Android devices now control Android volume, rather than XBMC volume
* Volume buttons on OSX devices once again control OSX volume, rather than XBMC volume
* Player optimization on the Raspberry Pi, including more efficient playback, better subtitle support, and many crash fixes
* iOS 6 support on the AppleTV 2.
* XBMC does not crash when listed on the AppleTV top shelf
* Added support for additional Xbox 360 controller types
* Broader and more intelligent support for CEC devices
* Fixed problems with several addons due to broken binary read/write in our python interface
* Language fixes, including 7 new languages: Albanian, Burmese, Malay, Persian (Iran), Tamil (India), Uzbek, Vietnamese
* AirPlay fixes, including making discovery of XBMC more reliable on OSX
* Numerous crashing and stability fixes across all platforms