Kaspersky Anti-Virus is among the very best antivirus software available on the market. It delivers essential, real-time protection against all manner of threats. The app goes beyond standard virus protection to secure you against potentially hazardous malware such as spyware, root-kits, security exploits and ransomware.
Kaspersky Anti-Virus uses intelligent scanning and small, frequent updates in order to deliver real-time, efficient protection from the latest malware threats across the Internet.
Key Features include:
- Protection from viruses, Trojans, worms, spyware, adware.
- Scans files, email, and Internet traffic.
- Protects from unknown threats.
- Analyzes browser vulnerabilities.
- Disables links to malware/phishing sites.
- Global threat monitoring.
- Keylogger blocking.
- Automatic database updates.
- Free technical support.
The interface consists of a main window with four borderless buttons aligned horizontally, labeled Scan, Update, Safe Money, and Parental Control. These areas will change color from green, to yellow and then to red if there is an issue with security . If that occurs, you can click a link for solutions to the security status problem.
Overall, Kaspersky Anti-Virus maintains an superb level of protection, coupled with high performance and usability. The only downside we can see is that although the technical support is free, it isn't available 24/7. Apart from that, Kaspersky Anti-Virus provides excellent all-round protection, with a minimal impact on your system.
Note: This is a 30-day commercial trial.
Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009 is an essentially new approach to data security. The main feature of the application is restricting the programs' rights to access the system resources. It helps prevent unwanted actions by suspicious and hazardous programs. The application's capabilities in the protection of user's confidential data have been considerably enhanced. The application now includes wizards and tools which substantially facilitate execution of specific computer protection tasks.
Let's take closer look at the new features in Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2009:
New Protection Features
* Scanning of operating system and software for vulnerabilities with their subsequent elimination maintains a high system security level and prevents sneaking of hazardous programs into your system.
* New wizards Security Analyzer and Browser Configuration facilitate the scanning for and elimination of security threats and vulnerabilities in the applications installed on your computer, operating system's and browser settings.
* Kaspersky Lab now reacts faster to the new threats due to the use of Kaspersky Security Network technology that gathers data about infection of users' computers and sends it to Kaspersky Lab's servers.
* New System Restore wizard helps fix system damages after malware attacks.
New confidential data protection features:
* Security of confidential data entered from the keyboard is ensured by a new tool Virtual keyboardVirtual keyboard.
New protection features for internet use:
* Protection against internet intruders has been upgraded due to the extended databases of phishing sites.
* Security of working with instant messengers is provided by ICQ and MSN traffic scan.
New program's interface features
* The new program's interface reflects the comprehensive approach to information protection.
* High information capacity of dialog boxes helps user quickly make decisions.
* The functionality of reports and statistics information about the application's operation has been extended. The possibility of using filters allowing flexible setup when working with reports makes this product irreplaceable for professionals.