FrostWire, a BitTorrent client (formerly a Gnutella client), is a collaborative effort from many Open Source and freelance developers located from all around the world.
Using the most recent version of FrostWire allows users to enjoy the best program functionality. Bugs reported in older versions have been fixed for the latest version. Any users with FrostWire 2.5 or earlier MUST update.
Frostwire's features include:
- Completely Free & Open Source!
- Faster Download Speeds
- No Spyware. No Adware. Guaranteed.
- iTunes Compatible!
- Faster Torrent Speeds
- Friendly Online Chat Rooms
- Bittorrent Support!
- Even More Connections
- New & Improved Skins
* Upload ratios will not be enforced to 30% of downloads anymore.
* Users will have free will to set the upload ratio of their preference.
* Update autodownload now supported for mac.
* Updates can now be distributed via both BitTorrent and HTTP.
* HttpFetcher improvements for less resource consumption.
* HttpFetcher now supports large HTTP file downlods (progressive download).
* Improvements to Send File to a friend.
* Fixes bug where some finished Downloads wouldn't "Show in Library"
* Bug report system revised.