FrostWire, a BitTorrent client (formerly a Gnutella client), is a collaborative effort from many Open Source and freelance developers located from all around the world.
Using the most recent version of FrostWire allows users to enjoy the best program functionality. Bugs reported in older versions have been fixed for the latest version. Any users with FrostWire 2.5 or earlier MUST update.
Frostwire's features include:
- Completely Free & Open Source!
- Faster Download Speeds
- No Spyware. No Adware. Guaranteed.
- iTunes Compatible!
- Faster Torrent Speeds
- Friendly Online Chat Rooms
- Bittorrent Support!
- Even More Connections
- New & Improved Skins
- Major Upgrade: BitTorrent Engine replaced for a lightweight version of the Azureus BitTorrent core.
FrostWire has become a far superior BitTorrent client starting version 4.20.x now supporting:
- Trackerless Torrents (via Azureus DHT)
- Improved Magnet link support (BTIH Magnet Links)
- +100% Faster Torrent Connection Bootstraping (No more "More Sources Needed" for .torrents that failed before)
- +100% Faster Torrent Downloads in some occasions than 4.18.x
- Transport Encryption capabilities
- Improved UPnP implementation
- New Feature: The Download Manager now has a new column showing the amount of bytes downloaded per download.
- Update: The "Refresh Connections" Tool is now available even if you are Turbo Charged.
- Fixes a bug where Crash Reports would show an old version number.