FrostWire, a BitTorrent client (formerly a Gnutella client), is a collaborative effort from many Open Source and freelance developers located from all around the world.
Using the most recent version of FrostWire allows users to enjoy the best program functionality. Bugs reported in older versions have been fixed for the latest version. Any users with FrostWire 2.5 or earlier MUST update.
Frostwire's features include:
- Completely Free & Open Source!
- Faster Download Speeds
- No Spyware. No Adware. Guaranteed.
- iTunes Compatible!
- Faster Torrent Speeds
- Friendly Online Chat Rooms
- Bittorrent Support!
- Even More Connections
- New & Improved Skins
* Fixes Bittorrent Incompatibilities.
* Mac launcher fixes bug where FrostWire would not allow itself to run on a external disk.
* Fixes bug on Welcome Screen, now you donâ€™t need to open FrostWire twice to get the latest welcome screen.
* FrostWire caches the last 2 images shown on the Welcome Screen to save bandwidth from static servers.
* Tools > Check for Updates. Now FrostWire can check for configuration updates, community messages, new FrostWire releases and welcome screen promotion updates during runtime.
* The welcome screen can be customized for every language, giving the chance to more content creators to be promoted every week to different audiences that speak their language.
* The Buttons of the Download Manager have been rearranged to avoid mistakes when trying to resume downloads. The Clear and Cancel Buttons are all the way to the right. Thanks to â€™ssomeâ€™ for the suggestion.
* New Splash Screen.
* Anti spam filters updated to filter out new keywords used by spammers.
* New â€œBuyâ€ icon.
* The community chat â€˜Connectâ€™ button now checks if a nickname has been set and helps the user set a default nickname using an input dialog.
* When users issue the â€œ/nickâ€ command on the chat, FrostWire will remember the new nickname as the default nickname.