Feed Demon 22.214.171.124 RC4
Looking for a great way to view and manage your RSS feeds from your desktop? Look no further than FeedDemon, the most popular Windows RSS reader.
Bring the power of RSS right to your Windows desktop with FeedDemon News Aggregator:
- Get your news and information instantly.
- Customize the way you read and organize feeds.
- Download podcasts to your iPod or Windows Media Player.
- The "Panic Button" detects when you have a ton of unread items and offers to mark them (or a subset of them) as read
The easy-to-use interface makes it a snap to stay informed with the latest news and information. You can completely customize the way feeds are organized and displayed. Set up custom news watches based on keywords or use the powerful search to find articles. You can even download podcasts and audio files and have them show up on your portable audio device. In addition, FeedDemon synchronizes with NewsGator Online and the rest of the NewsGator RSS Suite. The software is pre-configured with dozens of feeds, so you can unleash the power of RSS right away.
* Removed: NewsGator synchronization is no longer available (here's why)
* Added: At startup, FeedDemon now provides the ability to convert your NewsGator subscriptions to Google Reader
* Added: "Create Google Account" hyperlink added to Google Account dialog
* Added: "Execute Feed Database SQL" added to Debug menu (useful for support reasons - I don't recommend using this yourself)
* Added: "Export Clippings" added to clippings context menu (exports clippings as RSS)
* Added: Twitpic URLs in Twitter feeds now show an image icon
* Changed: Converting your NewsGator subscriptions to Google Reader subscriptions has been rewritten
* Changed: "Resynchronize" has been completely rewritten to address a number of problems customers have been reporting (it's also much faster now)
* Changed: Google Reader only considers the 10 most recent items from the past 30 days to be unread when subscribing to a feed. This is now reflected in FeedDemon after an existing feed is synched with Google Reader.
* Changed: Clippings are now deprecated. Existing clippings folders are still supported, but clippings won't be available to new users. The main reason for this change is that the new tagging features provide similar functionality.
* Fixed: "Source" column lost after re-running watch
* Fixed: <small> tags in description result in unreadable text
* Fixed: Conversion to Google Reader fails to check whether FeedDemon is working offline
* Fixed: "Update Shared Items" and "Update Synchronized Tags" don't first sync recent changes with Google Reader
* Fixed: Authenticated feeds in NewsGator aren't moved to a non-synched folder when converting (must happen since Google Reader doesn't support authenticated feeds)
* Fixed: FeedDemon's help doesn't reflect changes in the new version