Feed Demon 188.8.131.52 RC3
Looking for a great way to view and manage your RSS feeds from your desktop? Look no further than FeedDemon, the most popular Windows RSS reader.
Bring the power of RSS right to your Windows desktop with FeedDemon News Aggregator:
- Get your news and information instantly.
- Customize the way you read and organize feeds.
- Download podcasts to your iPod or Windows Media Player.
- The "Panic Button" detects when you have a ton of unread items and offers to mark them (or a subset of them) as read
The easy-to-use interface makes it a snap to stay informed with the latest news and information. You can completely customize the way feeds are organized and displayed. Set up custom news watches based on keywords or use the powerful search to find articles. You can even download podcasts and audio files and have them show up on your portable audio device. In addition, FeedDemon synchronizes with NewsGator Online and the rest of the NewsGator RSS Suite. The software is pre-configured with dozens of feeds, so you can unleash the power of RSS right away.
* Added: "Disable synchronization" added to Google Reader synchronization options - permanently disables sync between FeedDemon and Google Reader without affecting your Google Reader subscriptions
* Added: "Send anonymous usage data" added to General page in Options (anonymously sends URLs of read/flagged/emailed posts and URLs of added/deleted feeds to NewsGator). This is basically the same as the attention data reporting in previous versions, except that it can be disabled for all feeds instead of just on a per-feed basis.
* Changed: Improved performance when copying or deleting from the news item list
* Changed: "Rerun watch" is significantly faster
* Changed: FeedDemon no longer automatically creates a backup of the feed database - instead, the subscription report reminds to create a backup every two weeks
* Fixed: Accelerators missing from install
* Fixed: Range error editing various numeric settings when current locale uses a thousands separator other than a comma
* Fixed: "File in use" error when rapidly switching between "All Unread Items" and "All Flagged Items"
* Fixed: "Resynchronize" is unreliable
* Fixed: HTTP 404 when updating synched Google Reader feeds containing spaces in their URLs
* Fixed: If FeedDemon detects at startup that an existing instance is already running and is hung, the second instance continues to execute after choosing not to kill first instance
* Fixed: Cleanup Wizard "don't remind me" link appears to do nothing
* Fixed: Google Reader sync options doesn't enforce limit of 500 new items to retrieve per feed
* Fixed: "Database is locked" error at startup