Feed Demon 126.96.36.199 Beta
Looking for a great way to view and manage your RSS feeds from your desktop? Look no further than FeedDemon, the most popular Windows RSS reader.
Bring the power of RSS right to your Windows desktop with FeedDemon News Aggregator:
- Get your news and information instantly.
- Customize the way you read and organize feeds.
- Download podcasts to your iPod or Windows Media Player.
- The "Panic Button" detects when you have a ton of unread items and offers to mark them (or a subset of them) as read
The easy-to-use interface makes it a snap to stay informed with the latest news and information. You can completely customize the way feeds are organized and displayed. Set up custom news watches based on keywords or use the powerful search to find articles. You can even download podcasts and audio files and have them show up on your portable audio device. In addition, FeedDemon synchronizes with NewsGator Online and the rest of the NewsGator RSS Suite. The software is pre-configured with dozens of feeds, so you can unleash the power of RSS right away.
* Added: Improved handling of errors updating Twitter status feeds (including intermittent 401 errors caused by Twitter being overloaded)
* Changed: When grouping by starred in the news item list, starred items are now shown first
* Changed: When the login for an authenticated feed is invalid, the login dialog now only displays if FeedDemon isn't minimized and a full-screen application (such as a game) isn't active
* Changed: "Unshare" requests are now synched immediately
* Changed: FeedDemon now checks for items unshared from another location
* Changed: Newspaper styles now use the extension FDXSL4 and language files use the extension FDLANG4
* Fixed: Clipped text in excerpts when using a non-default Windows font size
* Fixed: Tag menu doesn't show the most-used tags
* Fixed: False GZip errors retrieving feeds
* Fixed: Image at start of item's text may clip the first few words
* Fixed: Mouse wheel does't scroll the stream when docked
* Fixed: Watches aren't regularly purged of older items
* Fixed: Watches containing many future-dated items may fail to show new items
* Fixed: Overly-aggressive de-duping following install may remove unread or starred items
* Fixed: FeedDemon fails to warn that Google Reader doesn't support authenticated feeds when you attempt to add an authenticated Twitter feed to a synched folder
* Fixed: Authenticated Twitter feeds display login dialog when Twitter is over-capacity
* Fixed: "Shared by People I Follow" profile images are re-downloaded every time they're displayed