Feed Demon 184.108.40.206 RC5
Looking for a great way to view and manage your RSS feeds from your desktop? Look no further than FeedDemon, the most popular Windows RSS reader.
Bring the power of RSS right to your Windows desktop with FeedDemon News Aggregator:
- Get your news and information instantly.
- Customize the way you read and organize feeds.
- Download podcasts to your iPod or Windows Media Player.
- The "Panic Button" detects when you have a ton of unread items and offers to mark them (or a subset of them) as read
The easy-to-use interface makes it a snap to stay informed with the latest news and information. You can completely customize the way feeds are organized and displayed. Set up custom news watches based on keywords or use the powerful search to find articles. You can even download podcasts and audio files and have them show up on your portable audio device. In addition, FeedDemon synchronizes with NewsGator Online and the rest of the NewsGator RSS Suite. The software is pre-configured with dozens of feeds, so you can unleash the power of RSS right away.
* Rewritten: Retrieval of synched feeds has been completely rewritten. Note that due to this change, the first feed update after FeedDemon starts may be noticeably slower than in previous builds, but subsequent updates will be much faster.
* Added: "Quick Tag" menu added next to tag icon in newspaper - enables quickly adding/removing a tag
* Added: Hitting spacebar in the newspaper now moves to the next post
* Added: FAQ added to FeedDemon's online help
* Added: Improved synching of flagged items that existed prior to converting to Google Reader
* Added: wp.me added to ShortUrl support
* Added: Prefetch options now enable skipping items older than a specific number of days (the default is five)
* Added: Converting a folder to/from Google Reader sync now shows a progress dialog
* Added: Converting a folder to Google Reader now attempts to sync pre-existing flags
* Changed: When updating synched feeds, FeedDemon now requests more items from high-traffic feeds
* Changed: Resync no longer marks synched feeds as read before unread posts have been retrieved from Google Reader
* Removed: Automatic prefetch is no longer available
* Fixed: Deleting or renaming a tag doesn't sync with Google Reader
* Fixed: "Outland" newspaper style missing author and source
* Fixed: FeedDemon fails to record the "gr:original-id" of items in synched feeds
* Fixed: Clippings export uses cryptic title
* Fixed: Dragging a tag onto a browser tab causes the subscription dialog to appear
* Fixed: FeedDemon fails to ask whether to stop working offline when synched feeds are moved
* Fixed: Reappearance of unread/flagged items deleted from synched feeds
* Fixed: Flags in shared items fail to sync
* Fixed: Tags deleted from all items in Google Reader aren't removed from FeedDemon
* Fixed: Database locking error on startup
* Fixed: Items incorrectly grouped as "Older" in newspaper
* Fixed: Images appear in expanded items even when "optimize for slow connections" is enabled
* Fixed: Synchronization update frequency not always honored
* Fixed: FeedDemon waits several minutes before updating feeds after converting to Google Reader