DC++ is an open source client for Windows for the Direct Connect network. Direct Connect allows you to share files over the Internet without restrictions or limits. The client is completely free of advertisements and has a nice, easy to use interface. Firewall and router support is integrated and it is easy and convenient to use functionality like multi-hub connections, auto-connections and resuming of downloads.
DC++ offers these improvements over its predecessors:
- Much more stable. DC++ wastes less memory, is faster, file size is smaller and long queue won't freeze the whole program. Neo-Modus Direct Connect eats memory and resources.
- You can connect to many hubs at same time and search for files from all of them with same search.
- You can continue downloading the same file from other users if somebody leaves.
- You can see timestamps in the chat. Chat won't jump to end when you roll back old messages.
- Bot messages wont popup new windows, you can also filter bot messages out.
- No Ads.
- Search is more versatile.
- Hublist is downloadable from multiple servers/sources.
* Perf improvements using lock-free queues, requires P6 CPUs
* Reduce freezes when displaying file list dirs that contain lots of files
* Less CPU consumption with large hubs/queues/lists
* Fix incorrect user lists when DC++ is under heavy load
* Plug resource leaks (poy)
* [ADC] Fix BLOM when h > 32
* Fix a crash when closing the download queue