DC++ is an open source client for Windows for the Direct Connect network. Direct Connect allows you to share files over the Internet without restrictions or limits. The client is completely free of advertisements and has a nice, easy to use interface. Firewall and router support is integrated and it is easy and convenient to use functionality like multi-hub connections, auto-connections and resuming of downloads.
DC++ offers these improvements over its predecessors:
- Much more stable. DC++ wastes less memory, is faster, file size is smaller and long queue won't freeze the whole program. Neo-Modus Direct Connect eats memory and resources.
- You can connect to many hubs at same time and search for files from all of them with same search.
- You can continue downloading the same file from other users if somebody leaves.
- You can see timestamps in the chat. Chat won't jump to end when you roll back old messages.
- Bot messages wont popup new windows, you can also filter bot messages out.
- No Ads.
- Search is more versatile.
- Hublist is downloadable from multiple servers/sources.
* Prevent crashes on heavy use by updating Boost.Atomic
* Revamp favorite hub settings
* Reduce resource consumption when slots are full
* Make PM windows more aware of the selected hub
* Don't choke on hub addresses with spaces
* Update OpenSSL to version 1.0.1c
* Fix a mixup between IPs and hostnames leading to wrong search results
* Tweak help tooltips in the settings dialog
* Make the menu bar hideable
* Add a /info hub command
* Fix glitches with the file list loader
* Correct download logging after an app restart
* Replace option to disable ADC C-C TLS with one to require it
* Fix disabled buttons in user matching settings
* Do not automatch queue for bad/removed sources
* Minor DL queue tab fixes
* Replace the slot up-down control by a context menu
* Fix upload log format for partial lists
* Fix GUI problems in a download attempt of a public hublist with invalid address
* Fix unsuccessful HTTP redirections
* Avoid deadlocks when changing user matchings
* Improve performance when selecting lots of lines in lists
* Exclude temporary downloads from queue dupe check
* Greatly improve user command removal time when closing a hub
* Add plugin API
* [dwt] Add a link control
* Allow Magnet links to be pasted in the "Quick connect" box
* Rise the minislot size to 512 KiB
* More Alt+I shortcuts for list filters
* Increase the chat buffer limit
* Eliminate GUI freezes when opening large file lists
* Remove the search spy in favor of the dev plugin - works on ADC too
* Fix partial list browsing after loading an old full list
* Add QP support
* Grant extra slot hangs connection in ADC hubs
* Fix a crash when parsing messages with Magnet links
* Fix a crash in Windows 8
* Update Boost to version 1.51
* Merge 2 identical active mode settings
* Fix NAT-PMP renewal
* Remember list sorting & splitter positions
* Fix help tooltips in Windows 8
* Fix GeoIP & OpenSSL problems with wide character paths
* Automatically mark sources of large files as bad if the full tree is not available
* Documentation and translations updated as usual