DC++ is an open source client for Windows for the Direct Connect network. Direct Connect allows you to share files over the Internet without restrictions or limits. The client is completely free of advertisements and has a nice, easy to use interface. Firewall and router support is integrated and it is easy and convenient to use functionality like multi-hub connections, auto-connections and resuming of downloads.
DC++ offers these improvements over its predecessors:
- Much more stable. DC++ wastes less memory, is faster, file size is smaller and long queue won't freeze the whole program. Neo-Modus Direct Connect eats memory and resources.
- You can connect to many hubs at same time and search for files from all of them with same search.
- You can continue downloading the same file from other users if somebody leaves.
- You can see timestamps in the chat. Chat won't jump to end when you roll back old messages.
- Bot messages wont popup new windows, you can also filter bot messages out.
- No Ads.
- Search is more versatile.
- Hublist is downloadable from multiple servers/sources.
* Update translations
* Fav users frame becomes users frame and shows all users
* Experimental implementation of KEYP ADC extension
* Display the name of the device MiniUPnP has bound to
* Add NAT-PMP for port mappings as an alternative to UPnP
* Continue from the beginning after reaching the end of a file list when searching
* Report the progress of file list searches in the status bar
* Repurpose Ctrl+F to in-place searches in chat windows & file lists
* Better splitter resizing
* Prevent a stack overflow when searching within too big file lists
* Add finished downloads log
* Save and restore the current directory of file lists
* Move file list status bar buttons to the toolbar
* Faster startup with many tabs
* Reduce flickering when resizing
* Reorganize connectivity settings
* Port mappers respect the bind address
* Make more parts of the interface DPI-aware
* Resizable and scrollable settings dialog
* Remember the last settings page
* Fix focus problems in dialogs
* Fix Ctrl+W / Ctrl+F4 sometimes closing the wrong tab
* Fix transfers dying on setting upload/download throttle to 0
* Menus to adjust the bw limit from the tray menu & status bar
* Increase the max bandwidth limit from 32 MiB/s to 1 GiB/s
* More icons
* Add notifications via balloon popups and sound
* Fix taskbar tab previews when DC++ is elevated
* When holding shift at start, hubs are opened but not connected to
* Fix an integer overflow when starting a search 25 days after the previous one
* DC++ survives a Windows theme change better
* Remove the license page from the installer
* Update OpenSSL to version 1.0.0e
* Store crash reports in a CrashLog.txt file
* Improve "View as text" windows
* [ADC] Separate application and version in INF
* Modal dialog fixes
* Link with DEP and ASLR support
* Store the password (if available) using "Add to favorites"
* Fix queries in http downloads
* Update MiniUPnPc to version 1.6
* Initial IPv6 support
* Update boost to version 1.48
* COM initialization fix for the Windows UPnP mapper
* More accurate indexing time left calculation
* Switch to binary GeoIP databases, add the IPv6 one
* The country format can be customized, see help for available codes
* Handle GeoIP database updates from within the program
* ZLIF compression support
* Fix the "Close disconnected hubs" command
* Close tabs when releasing the mouse button
* Fix the /userlist chat command
* Revamp style settings
* Add user matching settings
* No beep on ctrl+A in some text-boxes
* Improve list filters, add one to filter search results
* Fix a possible crash on parital list removal from the queue
* Fix removal of same ADC users logged into multiple hubs when they go offline
* Plug memory leaks in list and tree controls
* Switch to Boost.Atomic to solve freezes
* Safer updating of the finished transfer window
* Load file lists in a separate thread