BleachBit is a free cache cleaning app that is designed to locate, identify, preview and delete unnecessary cached and saved files that are held within your apps on your system.
With BleachBit you can free up disk space and guard your privacy. You can free up space in the cache, delete cookies, clear Internet history, shred temporary files and delete logs files.
The app has support for cleaning numerous applications including Firefox, Internet Explorer, Adobe Flash, Google Chrome, Opera, Safari and Skype.
Key Features Include:
- Easy to navigate user interface: read the description, check the box you want, click preview and click delete.
- Command line interface for scripting and automation.
- Overwrite free disk space to hide previously deleted files.
- CleanerML allows anyone to write a new cleaner using XML.
- BleachBit allows you to shred any file.
- Support for multiple languages.
BleachBit has an ever increasing list of cleaners for apps such as Firefox or Skype. Within each cleaner, BleachBit will give you options that cover components, which can be cleaned such as cache, cookies and log files.
Overall, BleachBit is a tidy little app that has lots of features. You can use BleachBit to free up disk space; this in turn, will reduce the size of backups and the time to create them. You can maintain your privacy, improve system performance and you can prepare whole disk images for compression by wiping free disk space.
* Fix error Favicons is version 32 with Google Chrome 51
* Fix cleaning of Thumbnails in new Chromium and Google Chrome
* Fix crash with corrupt BleachBit.ini
* Fix error UNIQUE constraint failed error cleaning Firefox
# Specific to Linux
- Update EasyTAG cleaner
- Update Epiphany cleaner
- Update Evolution cleaner
- Update GNOME cleaner
- Update KDE cleaner for KDE 4 on openSUSE
- Update Rhythmbox cleaner
- Update Thumbnails cleaner
- Update Transmission cleaner
- Update X11 cleaner
- Switch from GnomeVFS, which is deprecated, to GIO
- Do not repeat Google Chrome cache in preview
- Fix retention of translations for Chinese
- Whitelist iBus Pinyin
- Add .deb package for Ubuntu 16.04
- Add .rpm package for Fedora 24.
# Specific to Windows
- Fix cleaning of files with dollar sign ($) in name
- Support ExcludeKey filter in Winapp2.ini
- Fix support for the pattern *.extension with FileKey in Winapp2.ini
- Downgrade exception notice for getting special folders
- Make regex filter in CleanerML case insensitive on Windows
- Fix error [Errno 2] No such file or directory when cleaning Windows Explorer - Thumbnails more than once in a row
- Fix the harmless error Error in execution of Command to delete C:\Windows\temp\_avast_\AvastLock.txt with Avast antivirus
- Update SQLite.dll 188.8.131.52 to 3.11.1
- Update NSIS to 2.51, which hardens the installer against DLL hijacking
- Resolved false positive Packer.Generic!c with AegisLab antivirus
- Submit BleachBit for whitelisting with ESET antivirus to address slowness when running with ESET
- Add type attribute to CleanerML
- Add new action process to CleanerML to run external commands
- Add wholeregex/nwholeregex filters to CleanerML
- Move GitHub repositories bleachbit-misc and winapp2.ini to the new BleachBit organization in GitHub. More will follow.