BitComet is a p2p file-sharing freeware fully compatible with BitTorrent/HTTP/FTP downloads.
BitComet is a powerful, clean, fast, and easy-to-use BitTorrent client. It supports simultaneous downloads, download queue, selected downloads in torrent package, fast-resume, disk cache, speed limits, port mapping, proxy, ip-filter, etc.
- Preview files.
- Intelligent disk cache.
- Uses new non BitTorrent source technology.
- First P2P client to offer stable 64Bit version.
The downside to BitComet is that it could be complicated for beginners and the user interface is dated. Also, the client doesn't provide a chat feature and the ads can be intrusive. This coupled with a decline in user base means that other, more robust clients could be preferred.
- GUI Improved: add Scheduler setting page in perferences dialog to adjust bandwidth depending time
- GUI Improved: add max/min upload rate per task settings in BT task page of perferences dialog
- GUI Improved: add New HTTP/FTP download button in toolbar
- GUI Improved: the total task number and selected task number are displayed in status bar of main window
- GUI Bugfix: fix the bug that the BitComet main window is not actived sometimes when download url from IE
- GUI Bugfix: fix the bug that the function of avoid system entering suspend mode still works even when no task is running
- Core Improved: improve memory allocation strategy, avoid huge physical memory usage when program running for a long time
- Core Bugfix: fix the bug that in 0.75 sometimes the file is not downloaded entirely when task finish