BitComet is a p2p file-sharing freeware fully compatible with BitTorrent/HTTP/FTP downloads.
BitComet is a powerful, clean, fast, and easy-to-use BitTorrent client. It supports simultaneous downloads, download queue, selected downloads in torrent package, fast-resume, disk cache, speed limits, port mapping, proxy, ip-filter, etc.
- Preview files.
- Intelligent disk cache.
- Uses new non BitTorrent source technology.
- First P2P client to offer stable 64Bit version.
The downside to BitComet is that it could be complicated for beginners and the user interface is dated. Also, the client doesn't provide a chat feature and the ads can be intrusive. This coupled with a decline in user base means that other, more robust clients could be preferred.
- GUI Improved: add HTTP/FTP download in file menu
- GUI Improved: add HTTP/FTP download settings page in preferences dialog
- GUI Improved: add "Download using BitComet" command in IE context menu as a option
- GUI Improved: switch to downloading task list automatically if downloaded task list is being showed when add new task
- GUI Improved: the translator's name is able to be set in language file edit dialog
- GUI Improved: add clear button in torrent info search page of task properties dialog
- GUI Improved: the TCP half open limit is up to 500 in preferences dialog
- GUI Bug fix: fix the bug in 0.74 that non-executable file can not be opened in file list
- GUI Bug fix: fix the bug of a display mistake of the balloon tooltip when task download finish
- Core Improved: add HTTP/FTP multi-connection download function
- Core Improved: add HTTP/FTP multi-connection download disk cache function
- Core Bug fix: fix the bug in 0.74 that in rare situation program will crash due to file operation