BitComet is a p2p file-sharing freeware fully compatible with BitTorrent/HTTP/FTP downloads.
BitComet is a powerful, clean, fast, and easy-to-use BitTorrent client. It supports simultaneous downloads, download queue, selected downloads in torrent package, fast-resume, disk cache, speed limits, port mapping, proxy, ip-filter, etc.
- Preview files.
- Intelligent disk cache.
- Uses new non BitTorrent source technology.
- First P2P client to offer stable 64Bit version.
The downside to BitComet is that it could be complicated for beginners and the user interface is dated. Also, the client doesn't provide a chat feature and the ads can be intrusive. This coupled with a decline in user base means that other, more robust clients could be preferred.
- GUI Improved: new task piece graph for both BT and HTTP, displaying detail file piece downloading state
- GUI Improved: enhanced video codec version detection for preview. the extra video codec check wizard is removed.
- GUI Improved: add clipboard monitor, which can be enabled in floating window context menu
- GUI Bugfix: fix the bug that fail to open torrent file during preview
- GUI Bugfix: fix the bug that the UPNP operation results are not displayed in statistics view
- GUI Bugfix: fix the bug that the floating window is not hide when hit boss key
- Core Bugfix: fix the bug that the uploading rate is too low in some situation
- Core Bugfix: fix the bug in the decode of GZIP data returned from HTTP server