Beyond Compare 3.2.1 Beta
Beyond Compare 3 is the ideal tool for comparing files and folders on your Windows system. Visualize changes in your code and carefully reconcile them.
- Compare Files, Folders
Beyond Compare allows you to quickly and easily compare your files and folders. By using simple, powerful commands you can focus on the differences you're interested in and ignore those you're not. You can then merge the changes, synchronize your files, and generate reports for your records.
- Specialized Viewers
Beyond Compare includes built-in comparison viewers for a variety of data types. Compare .csv data or HTML tables in a Data Compare session, or images in a Picture Compare session.
- 3-way Merge
Beyond Compare's new merge view allows you to combine changes from two versions of a file into a single output. Its intelligent approach allows you to quickly accept most changes while carefully examining conflicts.
- Synchronize Folders
Beyond Compare's intuitive Folder Sync interface lets you reconcile differences in your data automatically.
* Notable Changes
- Added Registry Compare view.
- Added support for comparing, copying, and deleting NTFS junction points and symbolic links.
- Added support for reading/writing symlinks in zip and tar archives.
- Added support for importing Total Commander "Packer" plug-ins from Options dialog.
- Moved Total Commander "Packer" plug-ins from install folder to "Packers" subfolder.
- Crashes in Total Commander plugins no longer trigger the exception handler dialog.
- Fixed support for Total Commander plugins that don't support background threads.
- Fixed .tar archives showing Unix mode without 'l' for symlinks or 'd' for folders.
- Fixed .tar support for archives larger than 2GB.
- Fixed snapshot CRCs changing to "<invalid>" after loading a new comparison.
* Command Line
- Using /edit with multiple filenames now opens each in a new view.
- Scripts, /qc, /automerge will now keep running if loading toolbar/folder/misc icons fails.
* Data Compare
- Improved intraline comparisons of non-string data.
- Fixed editing a cell so it doesn't affect the raw text of other cells.
- Fixed hang trying to load certain binary files.
- Fixed editing multiline cells introducing additional rows.
- Fixed crash loading a file with no detectable delimiters.
- Fixed changing default column handling to recompare if necessary.
- Fixed crash when pasting columns in session settings dialog.
* File Formats
- Fixed external conversion error message including wrong exit code.
* File Views
- Orphan and empty file comparisons no longer show comparison result in status bar.
- Added support for horizontal scrolling to MP3 and Version comparisons.
- Fixed support for editing files via NTFS symbolic links (Vista & Windows 7).
- Removed "File->New File" command from all views except "Text Edit"
- Changed various commands to disable instead of hide when they're not available.
- Fixed "Copy File to Left/Right" confirmation to be shown again after clearing parent session.
* Folder Compare
- Added support for comparing, copying, and deleting NTFS junction points and symbolic links. Copying symbolic links requires administrator privileges.
- Added "Follow symbolic links" option to Folder Compare "Handling" tab for Windows.
- "Comparison Results" dialog now shows results in the same order as the comparison.
- Fixed flicker on Windows 7.
- Fixed folder sizes incorrectly including sizes of symlinked folders.
- Fixed "Exclude" path handling when ignoring folder structure.
- Fixed "Text content" filter Unicode support.
- "Open With->Text Edit" is now customizable.
- Fixed crash after performing file operations.
- Fixed rename to show a filename if all of the selected files are the same if the last rename used regular expressions.
- Changing username in response to an invalid login attempt now updates the session path.
- Improved "Fast" symlink detection so symlinks pointing to files in the same parent folder will be updated based on the available folder information.
- Symlinks detected incorrectly using "Fast" symlink detection will now switch to the opposite type if retrieving the file or loading the folder listing fails.
- Added support for Treck Embedded FTP Server's directory listings.
- Fixed support for XCRC on servers that fail for 0-byte files.
- Fixed ProFTPD/Pure-Ftpd detection to use MFMT instead of SITE UTIME if it's supported.
- Fixed support for NET+OS folder listings with odd permissions.
- Fixed crash trying to a save text file with no line endings.
* Home View
- Pressing [Enter] when multiple sessions are selected now opens all of them.
- Added support for storing Unix mode in zip files.
- Fixed hang when saving.
- Fixed Home View so it fits with default settings on a 1024x768 screen.
- Fixed Text Edit instability.
- Fixed detecting BC3Key.txt when installing .deb using 'sudo dpkg -i ...'.
- Fixed "Open With->Associated Application" failing for paths containing spaces.
- Fixed hang when trying to expand a path containing a '$' followed by a non-alphanumeric character.
- Fixed deleted symlinks not being removed from the comparison if "Follow Symbolic Links" was enabled.
- Fixed adding files to zip archives to set the VersionMadeBy field correctly.
- Fixed hint window not passing clicks to the parent window if a modal dialog is open.
- Fixed crash when trying to change FTP server timezone.
- Fixed dialog context-sensitive help when using the window manager's [?] button.
- Added "Compare to Registry" command to shell extension.
- Added "Help->Context Sensitive Help" command.
- Standard edition no longer includes text replacement or version control commands.
- Session "Info" dialogs are now resizable.
- Clicking on the "Expand" button in a treeview no longer tries to preserve the current offset.
- Double clicking now only affects treeviews if the mouse is over the selected node.
- "ExePath", "Version", "SupportsMerge", and "Expired" flags are now written to both the "Beyond Compare 3" and "Beyond Compare" registry keys."ExePath" and "Version" are written to both HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and HKEY_CURRENT_USER.
- Fixed detection of when to automatically hide toolbars.
- Added "Add Plug-in..." button to "Archive Associations" to install Total Commander packer plugins.
- "Archive Associations" list is now sorted.
* Picture Compare
- Fixed opening clipboard (broken in 3.2).
- Fixed crash when loading a valid PNG image.
- Fixed hang loading corrupt TGA images.
- Fixed handling of same items when using non-default "same color" options.
- Fixed handling of font bold/italic.
- Fixed crash when trying to print a report (broken in 3.2.0).
- Fixed file report handling of huge amounts of files
- Added REG-REPORT command. Supports SIDE-BY-SIDE and SUMMARY layout options.
- "LOG NONE <filename>" is now considered a syntax error.
- "LOG NONE" will no longer try to create a log file.
- Fixed support for scripts encoded as UTF-16.
- Scripts no longer give an error if you try to load a folder compare session with the same name as a non-folder compare session.
- Improved error handling of scripts with malformed characters.
- Fixed 3.2.0 crash when using file-report with no files selected.
- Fixed FILE-REPORT failing when more than 65,000 files are selected.
* Text Edit
- Fixed "Find in Files" results splitter being lost when switching between tabs.
- Fixed "File in Files" Unicode support.
- Using "Find in Files" a second time now cancels previous search instead of waiting for it to complete.
- Closing "Find in Files" results panel now cancels the search.
* Text Views
- Fixed "Copy Line to Other Side" to follow "Go to next difference after copying to other side" option.
- Fixed scrollbars not updating when necessary.
- Fixed crash when closing view with a malformed HTML file open in the webview.
- Fixed "Replace All" with wrapping modifying the wrong characters.
- Fixed "Aligned Details" mode to only use double-wide character handling if necessary.
- Fixed data loss when changing "Characters per line" file format setting after making edits.
- Fixed character alignment when replacements are found.
* Text Compare
- "Replacements" command is now enabled even if the current text is matching or an orphan.
* Version Compare
- Added ability to get as much version information as possible when reading malformed files.
- "File Size" is now shown as different if files are not binary same.