Avast! Free Antivirus 10.0.2206
# HTTPS scanning
- Ability to detect and decrypt TLS/SSL protected traffic in the Web-content filtering component. This feature will protect you against viruses coming through HTTPs traffic as well as adding compatibility for SPDY+HTTPS/ HTTP 2.0 traffic. You can tune/disable this feature in the settings section.
# AVAST NG
- A hardware based virtualization solution capable of running each Windows process in standalone safe virtualized environment (VM) and fully integrated to your desktop. Each process is executed in its own instance of VM, which means totally isolated from your other applications. This feature is now powering the Avast DeepScreen, resulting in better detection. Avast NG requires HW virtualization enabled.
# SecureDNS (this feature is active in the paid versions only)
- A new provider which guards against unprotected DNS/DNS hijack on a router/client (including unsecured networks, public ones, etc.).
# Home Network Security
- Scan your home network for vulnerabilities (wifi status, connected devices, router settings, factory passwords, etc.). It helps to discover potential problems not isolated on the particular device only, but in the entire network of devices you use or connect to the Internet from.
# Smart Scan
- Integrated all on demand scans into one (Antivirus, Software updates, Home Network, GrimeFighter). One scan, different results and recommendations.
# New Support System
- Easy contact for paid users to submit a ticket with all info included automatically. Improved knowledge base for free users. Help is completely online and is more up to date.
# General bugfixing
- This covers a lot of stability & performance changes in all components (but the main focus was traditionally on the network & engine components).