Audacity 1.3.2 Beta
Audacity is a free, easy-to-use audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other operating systems. You can use Audacity to:
- Record live audio.
- Convert tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs.
- Edit Ogg Vorbis, MP3, WAV or AIFF sound files.
- Cut, copy, splice or mix sounds together.
- Change the speed or pitch of a recording.
- Add new effects with LADSPA plug-ins.
- And more!
- Improved accessibility for the visually impaired
+ Improvements for screen readers, accessibility of
tracks, and hot keys
- Usability improvements
+ New selection bar
+ New features for label tracks
+ Improved toolbar docking flexibility
+ Menu renaming and reorganization
+ Selection, ruler, and playback control improvements
- Auto-save and automatic crash recovery
- Many bug fixes and stability improvements
- Major improvements to some built-in effects (Repair, Equalization)
and fixes to others
- New features and bug fixes for Nyquist
- Restructured Preferences dialog
- Improved batch processing
- File format export improvements
- Timer recording