AMD Catalyst Drivers XP 9.12 XP
AMD's award-winning Catalyst graphics and HD video configuration software delivers unprecedented control of performance and visual quality with AMD Radeon graphics processors. AMD Catalyst drivers deliver stable performance and push the limits of innovation with advanced user-oriented features.
Precision controls for power users. Tweaks for gamers and video enthusiasts. Simple wizard-assisted setup, easy multi-monitor configuration, and ultra reliable operation for working professionals. New user or seasoned expert, AMD Catalyst puts you in charge of The Ultimate Visual Experience.
- AMD Catalyst updates are focused on improving graphics performance, including enhancements for popular Direct3D and OpenGL game titles.
Innovative and exciting features
- AMD Catalyst includes the AMD Catalyst Control Center, delivering innovative features and unprecedented control of performance and visual quality with AMD Radeon graphics.
- Catalyst drivers for Windows Vista and Windows XP are Microsoft WHQL-certified to deliver the industry's most stable and reliable graphics performance.
This version is for the 32-bit version of Windows XP and 2003
# New Features
* ATI Catalystâ„¢ support for DirectCompute 10.1
This release of ATI Catalystâ„¢ provides full support for DirectCompute 10.1 for the ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 4800 Series, ATI Radeonâ„¢ HD 4700 Series for both single card and ATI CrossFireXâ„¢ supported configurations.
* OpenGL 3.2 extension support
- Support for OpenGL Shading Language 1.50
- BGRA vertex component ordering (GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra)
- Drawing commands allowing modification of the base vertex index (GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex)
- Shader fragment coordinate convention control (GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions)
- Provoking vertex control (GL_ARB_provoking_vertex)
- Seamless cube map filtering (GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map)
- Multisampled textures and texture samplers for specific sample locations (GL_ARB_texture_multisample)
- Fragment depth clamping (GL_ARB_depth_clamp)
- Geometry shaders (GL_ARB_geometry_shader4)
- Fence sync objects (GL_ARB_sync)
# Performance Improvements
* The following performance gains are noticed with this release of Catalystâ„¢ 9.12:
- 3DMark Vantage â€“ overall performance improves as much as 9% on ATI Radeon HD 5800 and ATI Radeon HD 5700 series products. GT1 â€“ Jane Nash performance improves as much as 15% and FT4 â€“ GPU Cloth improves up to 15%
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R. â€“ Call of Pripyat â€“ Performance improves as much as 6% on single card configurations
# All Systems
* Confirmation dialog box is now displayed when extending the display through Catalyst Control Center
* Catalyst Control Center: all supported resolutions are now displayed in the Desktop Properties panel
* A confirmation dialog is now displayed when setting up an Eyefinity group
# Windows XP
* Tom Clancy's HAWX: VPU recover no longer occurs in some CrossFire configurations
* In some Clone Mode configuration with Windows XP, stretched desktop is now functional