AMD Catalyst Drivers Vista 64 12.1 Vista 64
AMD's award-winning Catalyst graphics and HD video configuration software delivers unprecedented control of performance and visual quality with AMD Radeon graphics processors. AMD Catalyst drivers deliver stable performance and push the limits of innovation with advanced user-oriented features.
Precision controls for power users. Tweaks for gamers and video enthusiasts. Simple wizard-assisted setup, easy multi-monitor configuration, and ultra reliable operation for working professionals. New user or seasoned expert, AMD Catalyst puts you in charge of The Ultimate Visual Experience.
- AMD Catalyst updates are focused on improving graphics performance, including enhancements for popular Direct3D and OpenGL game titles.
Innovative and exciting features
- AMD Catalyst includes the AMD Catalyst Control Center, delivering innovative features and unprecedented control of performance and visual quality with AMD Radeon graphics.
- Catalyst drivers for Windows Vista and Windows XP are Microsoft WHQL-certified to deliver the industry's most stable and reliable graphics performance.
This version is for the 64-bit version of Vista.
* AMD HD3D technology support enhancement
- Enables support for AMD HD3D technology in conjunction with AMD CrossFireX configurations
- Delivers a new Stereo 3D mode over HDMI 1.4a connections - 1080p at 30Hz is now enabled on supported displays
* AMD Catalyst™ Control Center / Vision Engine Control Center enhancements – Application Profiles
- AMD Catalyst™ 12.1 Preview driver enables users to create per application profiles to individually control 3D and CrossFireX settings for Direct3D applications
- Please be sure to select the “Restore Factory Defaults” option under the Catalyst™ Control Center Preferences menu before using the new application profiles feature – this ensures there are no compatibility issues between previous drivers and the new AMD Catalyst™ 12.1 Preview driver with regards to application profiles
* AMD Catalyst™ Control Center / Vision Engine Control Center enhancements – Video UI improvements
- AMD Catalyst™ 12.1 Preview driver includes user interface enhancements to simply adjustment of video color and video quality controls
# Resolved Issues for the Windows® Vista Operating System
* This section provides information on resolved known issues in this release of the AMD Catalyst™ 12.1 software suite for Windows® Vista. These include:
* Ejecting the disc during Blu-Ray/DVD playback using WinDVD no longer causes the system to crash.
* 3D content playback using PowerDVD now correctly used hardware acceleration.
* Poor performance is no longer randomly experience when playing World of Warcraft, Metro 2033 and Starcraft II at high in-game settings.
* Medal of Honor now correctly displays all in game settings.
# Resolved Issues for the Windows® 7 Operating System
* This section provides information on resolved known issues in this release of the AMD Catalyst™ 12.1 software suite for Windows® 7. These include:
* The in-game mouse cursor no longer randomly disappears while playing Alien vs Predator.
* Enemy Territory – Quake Ware will no longer experience intermittent crashes when in a 3 monitor Eyefinity™ configuration.
* Water texture is now rendered correctly in Enemy Territory – Quake Wars
* Dirt 2 does not exhibit stuttering when run in DirectX® 9 mode.
* Playing Crysis 2 with in Crossfire mode no longer experiences random graphics corruption or game instability.
* Random corruption and screen flicker is no longer observed while playing Dragon Age 2 with Tri-Crossfire enabled.
* Lost Planet 2 no longer crashes after game launch when run in Crossfire mode.
* Lost Planet 2 and Tom Clancy HAWX2 no longer experience random game hangs/black screens when run at high in game settings.
* Water textures in World of Warcraft running in DirectX® 9 mode no longer appear corrupted.
* The game “Rage” no longer experiences intermittent hangs when Crossfire is enabled.